[BHS Etree] BHSDG: News from the BHS Development Group

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Jan 14 12:14:02 PST 2022

Please do not reply to this message. If you have any questions, please
contact info at bhsdg.org.

*Your Donations at Work:*

*News from the Berkeley High School Development Group (BHSDG)*

*January 2022*

*FUNDRAISING UPDATES*

*If you made a year-end donation to BHSDG, thank you! *Your gift will
provide vital materials and support to enrich students' educational
experience. It also supports after-school tutoring, technology, curriculum
materials, professional development, social-emotional resources, and so
much more this school year!

Read on for January grant highlights and to find out more about the
essential programs that your donations to BHSDG have funded this month, as
well as the many ways you can get involved and invest in strengthening our
school.

*Get Involved with BHSDG.* We are looking for board members who bring new
perspectives and ideas for strengthening the educational experience of all
Berkeley High students. If you are interested in learning more about the
board, please join us at our next monthly meeting 7-9 pm on February 7th
via Zoom, or reach out at info at bhsdg.org. To learn more about our work,
please see the latest annual report.
<https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:0443d9d9-3486-4b9a-b450-109c4d4408ed>

*WHAT HAVE YOUR DONATIONS FUNDED RECENTLY? *

Your contributions to BHSDG fund after-school tutoring, classroom supplies,
software, teacher professional development, technology, college-application
support, and many other programs. Without your donations, the BHS
experience would simply not be the same. Highlights of grants funded at our
January meeting include:

*Prom Ticket Financial Need-Based Funding ($6,000). *This grant provides up
to $6,000 to reduce the cost of prom tickets for students who are in need
of financial support. This important event has been cancelled two years in
a row and this year's prom will be more expensive than previous years due
to enhanced COVID safety protocols. This funding will make prom more
inclusive and enable more than 80 students in need to participate in a fun,
school sanctioned event.

*Student-led Berkeley Technology Academy Field Trip ($600)**. *Funds will
be used for an ice-skating field trip to San Francisco for B-Tech Math and
History classes. The pandemic has made field trips more challenging than
usual and this grant will allow students to study the math and science of
artificial ice while they enjoy a fun activity.

*T-shirts for Multilingual Program participating students ($850).* Funds
will support the purchase of t-shirts for 70 English learner newcomer students
and staff of the Multilingual Program that feature a student design.
MLP students
come from all over the world and represent 22 primary languages; they and
their families are learning to navigate a new country, language, culture
and school system and require extra support. This effort will help students
feel seen and recognized as a BHS learning community.

*All-School Dance ($130). *This grant supplements funds already raised to
help pay for the cost of decorations for an all-school dance to take place
later this month. This is part of efforts to build community for students
after a year of isolation and remote school.

*HOW YOU CAN HELP*

*Donate.* Donate online at http://bhsdg.org/wp/give/, or via check payable
to BHSDG, P.O. Box 519, Berkeley, CA 94701. Please inquire if your employer
has a matching gift program that could double your donation. You can also
donate stock by contacting stock at bhsdg.org.

*Shop with eScrip.* Register your credit, debit, and store club and loyalty
cards at www.escrip.com and earn money for Berkeley High. It's free to
enroll, and your purchases benefit the Berkeley Athletic Fund and BHSDG.
The BHS school code is 137646958.

*Shop with AmazonSmile.* When you remember to shop on Amazon at
smile.amazon.com, a portion of your order can go to BHSDG. Just choose
Berkeley High School Development Group as your charity when first signing
up or on the "Your Amazon Smile" page.

*Volunteer. *Are you a bookkeeper, event planner, copywriter, organizer,
fundraiser, or have other valuable experience? BHSDG can use your help.
Questions? Contact info at bhsdg.org.

*ABOUT BHSDG*

We are an all-volunteer, nonprofit foundation made up of parents and
students whose mission is to strengthen the educational experience of
*every* Berkeley High School student. In the 2020-21 school year we awarded
$280,716 in grants, and we managed an additional $89,634 of donations and
other revenue earmarked for specific learning communities, programs, and
departments.

BHSDG is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and all donations
to BHSDG are tax deductible. We generally meet on the first Monday of each
month from September through June, except for holidays and school breaks.
The next board meeting will be 7-9 pm on Monday, February 7th, via Zoom.
Visitors and those interested in becoming members are welcome! Contact
info at bhsdg.org for more information about attending.

To learn more about BHSDG, make a donation, become a sponsor, or submit a
grant proposal, please visit http://bhsdg.org/wp/. For more information
email info at bhsdg.org.

*_____________________________*

Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, Chaghig Walker, and Charlotte Le Liboux are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the E-tree; please direct any questions
about the E-tree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS E-tree archives <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>

BHS website <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>

BUSD 2021-2022 Calendar
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Calendar-21-22-v71221.pdf>

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XoKaZIol254f7rDheAHhgr1FEJWfEOS2e4nU7_4LcqM/edit>

one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not
work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email
address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/,
or contact the E-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net. <bhs-owner at lmi.net>

word only in the subject line: subscribe