[BHS Etree] BHSDG: December 2021 Newsletter

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Dec 17 10:20:15 PST 2021

Please do not reply to this message. If you have any questions, please
contact the BHSDG at info at bhsdg.org.

*Your Donations at Work:*

*News from the Berkeley High School Development Group (BHSDG)*

*December 2021*

*FUNDRAISING UPDATES*

*Please consider a year-end gift to BHSDG! *You should have received
the 2020-21
annual report
<https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:0443d9d9-3486-4b9a-b450-109c4d4408ed>
, which details how your donations provided vital materials and support to
enrich students' educational experience. It also offers a financial
overview and highlights of last year's grants. *Your donation before
December 31st is needed to fund after-school tutoring, technology,
curriculum materials, professional development, social-emotional resources,
and so much more this school year! *

Read on for December grant highlights and find out more about the essential
programs that your donations to BHSDG have funded this month, as well as
the many ways you can get involved and invest in strengthening our school.

*Get Involved with BHSDG.* We are looking for board members who bring new
perspectives and ideas for strengthening the educational experience of all
Berkeley High students. If you are interested in learning more about the
board, please join us at our next monthly meeting 7-9 pm on January 3rd via
Zoom, or reach out at info at bhsdg.org. To learn more about our work, please
see the latest annual report.
<https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:0443d9d9-3486-4b9a-b450-109c4d4408ed>

*WHAT HAVE YOUR DONATIONS FUNDED RECENTLY? *

Your contributions to BHSDG fund after-school tutoring, classroom supplies,
software, teacher professional development, technology, college-application
support, and many other programs. Without your donations, the BHS
experience would simply not be the same. Highlights of grants funded at our
December meeting include:

*Jazz Assemblies for Elementary School Students ($840). *120 BHS jazz
musicians will visit Berkeley elementary schools to play concerts. This is
an annual program that serves the dual purpose of inspiring elementary
students by showing them what the music program leads to and also providing
BHS students with a great performance opportunity.

*“I-RISE” Writing Therapy Class ($3500)**. *The funds will be used to
compensate guest speakers and academic mentors for the organization’s new
“I-RISE” Writing Therapy Class. The class aims to improve the mental health
of BUSD's high risk, minority students through discussion, exploration, and
writing. The guest speakers are former BUSD and R.I.S.E. graduates who are
now professionals in law, medicine, media, sports, technology, etc. The
academic mentors are UC Berkeley students that will provide educational
assistance and tutoring to students.

*HOW YOU CAN HELP*

*Donate.* Donate online at http://bhsdg.org/wp/give/, or via check payable
to BHSDG, P.O. Box 519, Berkeley, CA 94701. Please inquire if your employer
has a matching gift program that could double your donation. You can also
donate stock by contacting stock at bhsdg.org.

*Shop with eScrip.* Register your credit, debit, and store club and loyalty
cards at www.escrip.com and earn money for Berkeley High. It's free to
enroll, and your purchases benefit the Berkeley Athletic Fund and BHSDG.
The BHS school code is 137646958.

*Shop with AmazonSmile.* When you remember to shop on Amazon at
smile.amazon.com, a portion of your order can go to BHSDG. Just choose
Berkeley High School Development Group as your charity when first signing
up or on the "Your Amazon Smile" page.

*Volunteer. *Are you a website developer, event planner, copywriter,
organizer, fundraiser, or other expert? BHSDG can use your help. Questions?
Contact info at bhsdg.org.

*ABOUT BHSDG*

We are an all-volunteer, nonprofit foundation made up of parents and
students whose mission is to strengthen the educational experience of
*every* Berkeley High School student. In the 2020-21 school year we awarded
$280,716 in grants, and we managed an additional $89,634 of donations and
other revenue earmarked for specific learning communities, programs, and
departments.

BHSDG is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and all donations
to BHSDG are tax deductible. We generally meet on the first Monday of each
month from September through June, except for holidays and school breaks.
The next board meeting will be 7-9 pm on Monday, January 3rd, via Zoom.
Visitors and those interested in becoming members are welcome! Contact
info at bhsdg.org for more information about attending.

To learn more about BHSDG, make a donation, become a business partner, or
submit a grant proposal, please visit http://bhsdg.org/wp/. For more
information, send an email to info at bhsdg.org.

*_____________________________*

Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, Chaghig Walker, and Charlotte Le Liboux are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the E-tree; please direct any questions
about the E-tree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS E-tree archives <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>

BHS website <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>

BUSD 2021-2022 Calendar
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Calendar-21-22-v71221.pdf>

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XoKaZIol254f7rDheAHhgr1FEJWfEOS2e4nU7_4LcqM/edit>

one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not
work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email
address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/,
or contact the E-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net. <bhs-owner at lmi.net>

word only in the subject line: subscribe