[BHS Etree] EVENTS: Forum on Latinx student success Oct. 28 (Thu)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Oct 27 09:42:48 PDT 2021

Please do not reply to this message.

In celebration of Latinx History Month, BUSD and Latinos Unidos de Berkeley are holding a forum on Latinx student success in Berkeley schools.

In celebration of Latinx History Month, join us for a panel discussion followed by Q&A. Panelists will explore the meaning of Latinidad in our classrooms and how we can teach with Latinx student success at the forefront. We will hear testimonios from our comunidad to better understand the lived experience of Latinx educators, students, and families. In addition, we will discuss why enhancing the climate and culture in our schools not only benefits Latinx students but all students. This event will provide an opportunity to learn more—directly from BUSD’s Latinx community—what this month is meant to honor.

Speakers Include:
Jesse Arreguín | Mayor of Berkeley
Dr. Angélica Garcia | Berkeley City College
Cati V. de los Ríos | UC Berkeley’s Graduate School of Education
Moderated by Director Ana Vasudeo | Berkeley School Board Director

See attached flyer and join us on Thursday, October 28th at 7:00 pm.

Please share with families and friends...

2 Attachments

Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, Chaghig Walker, and Charlotte Le Liboux are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the E-tree; please direct any questions about the E-tree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS E-tree archives <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
BHS website <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
BUSD 2021-2022 Calendar <https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Calendar-21-22-v71221.pdf>
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XoKaZIol254f7rDheAHhgr1FEJWfEOS2e4nU7_4LcqM/edit>

To unsubscribe from the E-tree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list. If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/ <http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/>, or contact the E-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net. <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>