[BHS Etree] COLLEGE/CAREER: SENIORS: CCC Visits & Essays: Week of 10/18-22/21

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sat Oct 16 12:07:03 PDT 2021

Please do not reply to the e-tree. For questions, contact Mary Jacobs at
maryjacobs at berkeley.net

SENIORS: COLLEGE VISITS @ CCC in D-221 Across from the school library

Come to the CCC with your teacher's permission to be excused from class. We
will excuse your absence with the Attendance Office. You will receive the
recorded message of an absence, but the Attendance Office will clear the
absence as “ACTIVITY” after they receive our sign in sheets.

We will log on the Zoom platform from google chrome books or our own laptop
with headphones.

*Use the following spreadsheet for all the scheduled visits by date,
period, admissions director, & Zoom link.*

2021 Virtual College Visits
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cvuzpFX-zgPCU4cJ2vlCIsyaAYLh0IcXCseOhdP9pHM/edit>
-

*Next week's visits:*
Monday, October 18: <https://bit.ly/3kUUbT6>
Period 0: Application Workshop and Essay Reading
Period 1: American University
Period 2: Purdue University
Period 3: Columbia College (Chicago)
Period 5: Lewis & Clark College

Tuesday, October 19:
Period 1: Application Workshop (absence to be cleared)
Period 1: Babson College
Period 2: Bentley University
Period 3: Brown University
Period 5: Emerson College

Wednesday, October 20:
Period 1: Scripps College
Period 2: USC
Period 3: Art Center College of Design
Period 5: McGill University

Thursday, October 21:
Period 1: Franklin & Marshall College
Period 2: Louisiana State University
Period 3: Indiana University, Bloomington
Period 5: Vassar College
Period 7: Application Workshop

Friday, October 22:
Period 1: Trinity College (CT)
Period 2: UC San Diego
Period 5: Williams College
Period 6: Application Workshop (absence to be cleared)

ESSAY READING IN THE CCC WITH VIRTUAL READERS: DROP IN-NO APPTS.

Bring a draft of a college essay or brainstorm- all levels of readiness.
Log on to Jacobs’ Zoom Room in a google chrome book or your personal laptop
in the CCC or any quiet place of your choice.  You will be assigned to a
breakout room with a volunteer reader/writing coach.

Jacobs’ Zoom Room bit.ly/3kUUbT6

Monday at 8:30-9:45am and at 2:30 if you have a free 6th period; and
3:30-4:30pm in the CCC

Tuesday-Thursday at 2:30 for seniors who have a free 6th pd.

Tuesday-Thursday at 3:30-4:30 for all

--
Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, Chaghig Walker, and Charlotte Le Liboux are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the E-tree; please direct any questions

BHS E-tree archives <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
BHS website <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
BUSD 2021-2022 Calendar
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Calendar-21-22-v71221.pdf>
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XoKaZIol254f7rDheAHhgr1FEJWfEOS2e4nU7_4LcqM/edit>

one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list. If that does not
work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email
address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/,
or contact the E-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net. <bhs-owner at lmi.net>

word only in the subject line: subscribe