[BHS Etree] BHSDG: News from the BHS Development Group

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Oct 15 21:21:46 PDT 2021

Please do not reply to this email. Questions? Contact info at bhsdg.org

News from the Berkeley High School Development Group
October 2021

Happy Fall! Read on to find out more about the vital programs that your
donations to BHSDG have funded this month, as well as the many ways you can
get involved and invest in strengthening our school.

Get Involved with BHSDG. We are looking for board members who bring new
perspectives and ideas for strengthening the educational experience of all
Berkeley High students. If you are interested in learning more about the
board, please join us at our next monthly meeting 7-9 pm on November 1 via
Zoom, or reach out at info at bhsdg.org. To learn more about our work, please
see BHSDG's 2019-2020 annual report
<http://bhsdg.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Annual-Report_2020_Final_lowres.pdf>
.

<info at bhsdg.org> <info at bhsdg.org>

WHAT HAVE YOUR DONATIONS FUNDED RECENTLY?

Your giving to BHSDG funds after-school tutoring, classroom supplies,
software, teacher professional development, technology, college-application
support, and many other activities. Without your donations, the BHS
experience would simply not be the same. Highlights of grants funded at our
September meeting include:

Black Theater for Black Students ($1500). This grant provides funding for 60
African-American Literature and African-American Studies students to attend
a virtual performance of the play "Stoop Stories" at the Aurora Theater.
The play was written by a Black playwright and features Black actors.
Students will also participate in pre- and post-performance workshops and
interviews with the cast.

Speaking Engagement for Public Health Research ($2062.50). As part of
ongoing curriculum development efforts at Berkeley Technology Academy and
Berkeley Independent Study, this grant will pay fees for a health policy
and education consultant to create a public health curriculum and career
pathways program for 11th and 12th graders at B-Tech and BIS. Teachers will
meet with the consultant during the Fall semester to develop curriculum and
create materials to help students in the public health pathways program
learn about careers in the sector and find internships and job
opportunities.
Revision to Program Technology Subscriptions grant (no cost).  The BHSDG
board already approved a $10,000 to support online learning subscriptions
for 2021-22; at October's meeting we voted to revise the grant to include
hardware expenses such as Chromebooks, wearable microphone/audio systems,
etc.

HOW YOU CAN HELP

Donate. Donate online at http://bhsdg.org/wp/give/, or via check payable to
BHSDG, P.O. Box 519, Berkeley, CA 94701-0519. Please inquire if your
employer has a matching gift program that could double your donation. You
can also donate stock by contacting stock at bhsdg.org.

Shop with eScrip. Register your credit, debit, and store club and loyalty
cards at www.escrip.com and earn money for Berkeley High. It's free to
enroll, and your purchases benefit the Berkeley Athletic Fund and BHSDG.
The BHS school code is 137646958.

Shop with AmazonSmile. When you remember to shop on Amazon at
smile.amazon.com, a portion of your order can go to BHSDG. Just choose
Berkeley High School Development Group as your charity when first signing
up or on the "Your Amazon Smile" page.

Volunteer. Are you a website developer, event planner, copywriter,
organizer, fundraiser, or other expert? BHSDG can use your help. Questions?
Contact info at bhsdg.org.

ABOUT BHSDG

We are an all-volunteer, nonprofit foundation made up of parents and
students whose mission is to strengthen the educational experience of every
Berkeley High School student. In the 2020-21 school year we awarded
$280,716 in grants, and we managed an additional $89,634 of donations and
other revenue earmarked for specific learning communities, programs, and
departments.

BHSDG is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and all donations
to BHSDG are tax deductible. We generally meet on the first Monday of each
month from September through June, except for holidays and school breaks.
The next board meeting will be 7-9 pm on Monday, November 1, via Zoom.
Visitors and those interested in becoming members are welcome! Contact
info at bhsdg.org for more information about attending.

To learn more about BHSDG, make a donation, become a business partner, or
submit a grant proposal, please visit http://bhsdg.org/wp/. For more
information, send an email to info at bhsdg.org.

--
Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, Chaghig Walker, and Charlotte Le Liboux are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the E-tree; please direct any questions

BHS E-tree archives <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
BHS website <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
BUSD 2021-2022 Calendar
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Calendar-21-22-v71221.pdf>
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XoKaZIol254f7rDheAHhgr1FEJWfEOS2e4nU7_4LcqM/edit>

one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list. If that does not
work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email
address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/,
or contact the E-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net. <bhs-owner at lmi.net>

word only in the subject line: subscribe