[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Back to School Night system breakdown and next steps

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Sep 24 09:34:11 PDT 2021

Please do not reply to this message.

Greetings BHS families,

Thank you for your participation in Back to School Night last night.
Unfortunately, as you are probably aware, we experienced a technical
breakdown with our searchable database at the start of 2nd period, and many
families were unable to access teachers’ Zoom links and join live teacher
presentations. Parents/guardians were understandably confused, frustrated,
and disappointed.

After identifying this problem, we sent a spreadsheet of teacher Zoom links
to all students and families, which enabled some families to rejoin
subsequent teacher meetings. However, we know that many families were
impacted and did not have the opportunity to participate in Back to School
Night, meet teachers, and receive important information about classes. We
apologize for the inconvenience and frustration that this breakdown caused
for our parents and guardians who we know rely on Back to School Night to
learn what is happening in your student’s classes.

In order to provide you with as much information as possible, we are asking
BHS teachers to please share their Back to School Night presentations with
all parents/guardians. Additionally, parents/guardians may contact their
student’s teachers directly if you have specific questions or would like
more information. All teachers can be contacted using their BUSD email
address, first name + last name @berkeley.net. The date for Back to School
Night is scheduled and agreed upon a year in advance and can not be
rescheduled for a different date this year. Because this was a live event,
we do not have recordings of individual teacher presentations.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the breakdown in our system and the
difficulty this created for many families.

Thank you for your understanding and partnership.

*_____________________________*

Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, Chaghig Walker, and Charlotte Le Liboux are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the E-tree; please direct any questions
about the E-tree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS E-tree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD 2021-2022 Calendar: 2021-2022 Calendar
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Calendar-21-22-v71221.pdf>

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not
work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email
address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/,
or contact the E-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net. <bhs-owner at lmi.net>

word only in the subject line: subscribe