[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Bulletin, Sep. 10 (Fri)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Sep 10 16:07:46 PDT 2021

Please do not reply to this email.

One big, red & gold family!

BERKELEY HIGH SCHOOL

STUDENT BULLETIN

Lottie D., Chief of Publicity

Adam W., Chief of Publicity

Jack W., Chief of Publicity

Mr. V, Director of Student Activities

Current Bulletin Schedule Monday, Wednesday, Friday

September 10, 2021

Watch today's bulletin on our @Juicethejackets Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/juicethejackets/>

Welcome Back Assembly 2021

Students and staff will be introduced to a wide range of staff and
supportive resources available on campus through brief videos to be played
during 2nd period. Remember that the 2nd period bell schedule has an
additional five minutes built into it for announcements. We will share Day
5 video with the BHS community on Tuesday.

Day 1 BHS Administrative Team
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mhSr0DHGfBfszTM4WqmNi9OyJjByxIAK/view?usp=sharing>
9.7

Day 2 Student Support & Intervention Counselors
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IIPPyJCprsqjwE8lML7iL3Oede8y_12-/view?usp=sharing>
9.8

Day 3 part 1 Academic, Career, & College Counseling
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uw39YU8LHKPoPdLxYXr84-Dzcu-_bZkf/view?usp=sharing>
9.9

Day 3 part 2 Health Center
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KeLdQbPJw4XpwPPQfarqmD2dUzz-M1Vw/view?usp=sharing>
9.9

Day 4 Cultural Departments & Student Clubs
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LWkYfmd-8KwIHlpLTvCTHpiqle4pZ9FB/view?usp=sharing>
9.10

Day 5 BHS Athletics & Activities 9.14

Featured Speakers

Day 4 Cultural Departments & Student Clubs

Olivia Eknoian Chief of Clubs oliviaeknoian at students.berkeley.net

Spencer Pritchard African American Studies Department Lead Teacher
spencerpritchard at berkeley.net

Dawn Williams African American Studies Department Lead Teacher
dawnwilliams at berkeley.net

Rumeysa Yamac Commissioner of Multicultural Affairs
rumeysayamac at students.berkeley.net

Amanda Moreno Latinx Literature amandamoreno at berkeley.net

Becky Villagran Latinx American History rebeccavillagran at berkeley.net

Emily Sidharta Asian Pacific Islander Club
milysidharta at students.berkeley.net

Ava Nemeth Women’s Student Union avanemeth at students.berkeley.net

Maize Cline Women’s Student Union maizecline at students.berkeley.net

Anna Eisen Commissioner of Environmental Sustainability
annaeisen at students.berkeley.net

Home football game is Friday night

Hi Jacket fans, Our first home football game is Friday night. A limited
number of tickets are available but you must purchase them in advance; no
cash will be accepted at the gate. Visit the BHS athletics website at
berkeleyhighathletics.org or scan the QR code in this email to buy your
tickets.

Football hosts American Canyon HS for its home opener this Friday Night (JV
at 4:30, Var at 7). Tickets are on sale online only and can be purchased at
berkeleyhighathletics.org. Limited quantity available. Get your tickets in
advance using our Hometown Ticketing site.
<https://berkeleyunified.hometownticketing.com/embed/all>; no cash will be
accepted at the gate.

Last Day for Fall Club Fair is September 10

Next week, the campus green will come alive with robots, candy
accelerators, and flying discs. The Fall Club fair will feature over 50
student clubs during a series of 3 lunchtime events on the Campus Green,
the grassy area next to the C-building. Come learn about how to join their
club, attend meetings and get more involved in their causes. Wednesday will
feature Scholastic, Performing, and Political groups. Thursday will feature
Health and Hobby clubs. Friday will feature Service-Oriented, environmental
and cultural groups. Check the student bulletin email for more details.

Hosted by oliviaeknoian at students.berkeley.net

Today’s Featured Clubs

Power Through Voices

HERO

Reading Buddies

BHS Zero Waste

International Muffin Day

Best Buddies

Kiva

Asian Pacific Islander

Amnesty International.

10 Bay Birds

The Red Cross Club

Beads for Good Deeds

Black Student Union

Bay Area Volunteer Club

Alliance for Gender Expansive Students

Caring Community Club

MultiCultural Student Association

Sunrise Movement

Multicultural Student Association

Gender Sexuality Alliance

PAW Club

BHS Green Team

BHS K-Drama Club

The Talented

Teen Environmental Activism and Self Care

Interested in meeting like minded young adult activists? Or learning about
different careers in the environmental world? This series, “Teen
Environmental Activism and Self Care” is a free online program meeting over
Zoom that was created by BHS Junior, Ella Suring and sponsored by the SF
Bay Sierra Club. There are six presentations in total, each one covering a
topic ranging from climate justice for all, connecting with nature, eco
anxiety, yoga as self care, engaging your community, and Indigenous wisdom
for changing times. The series begins on September 21, and runs biweekly on
Tuesday evenings through November 30th. Interested in joining for some or
all presentations? See the flyer linked here to sign up
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hj5Zk4MfU-gExthvYNIKTP2QPlGhzab8/view>.

Join BHS Sailing Team

The BHS sailing team is available for PE credit and is doing a group
waiver. To get PE credit that waiver needs to be in by Friday so if you are
interested in sailing and getting PE credit please let Millay know by
Thursday. Her email is Millaymetz at students.Berkeley.net

BHS Mountain Biking Team Clinics

Sign up for free Mountain biking clinics taking place this weekend
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfZEpSr_SRF_KopwFHkiqfbC-IqPgs7C2SuD_Njro-1zLswtA/viewform>
.

Our Monologues 2022

Dear Berkeley High students/parents/staff,

Our names are Riya and Anna, and we are the co-directors of the Our
Monologues production 2021-2022. We are both Berkeley High School seniors
in the BIHS program, and we are so excited to share the news of the
upcoming production this year!  As many of you know, the BHS community is
full of creativity and expression. Each year, there are a variety of
incredible performances, yearly traditions, and events here on campus. Two
years ago, the previously called Vagina Monologues were replaced by what we
now call Our Monologues. Our Monologues is a student-written and directed
performance that includes spoken word, dance, and song. This production
celebrates the talent of Berkeley High students while bringing light to
experiences that are often minimized or overlooked even within our own
communities. The diversity and inclusivity the cast and monologues hold are
of great importance to us. Each year, it has become more representative of
the students whose stories have not been told yet. This school year, the
directors (Riya Jivan and Anna Pelegrino) will be putting together this
iconic performance for the Berkeley High community in the spring of 2022.
Our goal is to create a performance that is even more inclusive, diverse,
and representative of the real Berkeley High community, the vulnerable and
unfiltered truth.

And we would love for you to be a part of it. Any and all submissions are
welcome, and Monologue submissions are open until September 11th, 2021.
Auditions will be held during mid October and we will cast within the first
week of November.

Everyone has a story worth sharing. We hope you all become inspired to
submit yours.

For more information visit our website ourmonologuesbhs.wordpress.com, or
check out our past submissions tab for some inspiration.

Thank you, we look forward to hearing from you!

Riya Jivan and Anna Pelegrino

Fall PE Waiver due September 10

Any student, participating in a state or nationally sponsored, competitive
sports activity, including a professional dance company, can request a
waiver of the Physical Education requirement from the BHS Administration.
Please review the entire requirements for approval of the waiver and submit
the completed form by September 10, 2021. The forms are available at the
Counseling Center.

* For the Berkeley YMCA PE Waiver Program contact Angelo Petrilli at
apetrilli at ymcaeastbay.org

* For BHS Athletic Teams contact the Athletic Directors at
athleticdirector at berkeley.net

Join a Club OR Start a Club

The BHS Student Club list is always available online on the BHS website.
All student clubs are inclusive and open to new members throughout the
entire school year (with only a few exceptions due to competition schedule
or GPA requirements).

BHS Student Club List
<https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/student-activities-3/berkeley-high-clubs/>

If you would like to register a NEW or RETURNING student club, then please
complete a club registration form by October 31st.

Register a BHS Student Club for 2021-22
<https://forms.gle/NbSbChjSjWzeLP9y6>

------------------------------

Submit A Bulletin

If any BHS student or staff member is interested in submitting an
announcement,

there are some basic guidelines to follow:

Here are the basic guidelines for submitting a bulletin:

1. It must be relevant to roughly 100 or more students or staff members.

2. It must be a message that promotes community and builds up positive
school culture.

3. Please no birthday announcements or personal requests.

Please submit your morning announcement to the Google From by Monday
morning: http://bit.ly/bhsstudentbulletin

About

ASB Leadership is a collective student voice composed of a diverse body of
student leaders. Our mission is to create a more positive and engaging
experience at Berkeley High through civic engagement, community building,
sustainability, social events, and positive staff-student relations.

Useful Links

BHS Website <https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>

Student Bulletin Archive <http://berkeleyschools.net/leadership/>

Submit a Bulletin <http://bit.ly/bhsstudentbulletin>

Follow @juicethejackets <https://www.instagram.com/juicethejackets/>

Current List of Student Clubs
<https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/student-activities-3/berkeley-high-clubs/>

BHS Events Calendar
<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=c_b3hvfpkecpkeh4gc3atup2dang%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America%2FLos_Angeles>

Contact Info

Berkeley High ASB Leadership

1980 Allston Way, Berkeley CA United States 94704

johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net

510.644.8990

Go Jackets!

------------------------------------

Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, Chaghig Walker, and Charlotte Le Liboux are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS Etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD 2021-22 Calendar: 2021-22 Calendar
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Calendar-21-22-v71221.pdf>

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not
work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email
address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/,
or contact the Etree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net. <bhs-owner at lmi.net>

To *subscribe* to the Etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: subscribe