[BHS Etree] CLUBS: Join the BHS Orienteering Club

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sun Sep 5 20:10:32 PDT 2021

Please do not reply to this email. Questions? Contact
bhsorienteeringclub at gmail.com

*Join the Berkeley High Orienteering Club!*

Orienteering is a navigation sport that mixes decision-making with cross
country running. You're given a detailed map of a course - our practices
usually take place on Cal campus, and meets are in regional parks. It
rewards navigation skills, route choice, and tactics in a race to find
control points around a map.

Previous athletic ability is not required, and we'll teach the navigational
skills along the way in weekly club meetings and trainings. We'll also be
driving out to a number of meets each semester, where you can run tougher
courses in large regional parks!

Orienteering Club is a great way to get P.E. credit, explore the regional
parks, and experience state, regional, and national championships even as a
novice.

*IMPORTANT: PE waivers are due soon, and so you won't have much time to
register after the club fair. If you're at all interested, be sure to
contact us and we'll sign you up right away. If you come to the club fair
and find out you're not interested, we can always take you off the list.
Our first meeting for new members will be a week after the club fair, on
September 16th. Meetings are held in C217 at lunch (right near the front
entrance to the C building), although this may change because of rules
around eating indoors.*

Email us to sign up or ask questions at bhsorienteeringclub at gmail.com!

--
Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, Chaghig Walker, and Charlotte Le Liboux are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions

BHS Etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
BUSD 2021-2022 Calendar: 2021-2022 Calendar
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Calendar-21-22-v71221.pdf>
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not
work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email
address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/,
or contact the Etree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net. <bhs-owner at lmi.net>

To *subscribe* to the Etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: subscribe