[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Bulletin Sept 1

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Sep 1 12:20:36 PDT 2021

Please do not reply to this message. See contact details within email below.

Current Bulletin Schedule Monday, Wednesday, Friday

Hello BHS! We will attempt to use the loudspeaker system for the first
4 minutes
of 2nd period today. Thank you for your patience as we attempt to revive
the Student Bulletin over the PA system.

*Wednesday, September 1, 2021*

Watch today's bulletin on our @Juicethejackets Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/juicethejackets/>

*International Muffin Day*

Do you like muffins? Do you like giving away muffins? Then you should come
to the International Muffin Day club (H207, Wednesdays at lunch)! Our club
goal is to give away as many muffins as possible on February 3rd, 2022,
which is International Muffin Day. If it goes really well, we can even try
to expand International Muffin Day outside of BHS, to other schools!

MUFFINS! MUFFINS! MUFFINS!

Submitted by benjaminlemkin at students.berkeley.net

*Fall Club Fair is September 8, 9, 10*Next week, the campus green will come
alive with robots,

candy accelerators, and flying discs. The Fall Club fair will feature over
50 student clubs during a series of 3 lunchtime events on the Campus Green,
the grassy area next to the C-building. Come learn about how to join their
club, attend meetings and get more involved in their causes. Wednesday will
feature Scholastic, Performing, and Political groups. Thursday will feature
Health and Hobby clubs. Friday will feature Service-Oriented, environmental
and cultural groups. Check the student bulletin email for more details.

Hosted by oliviaeknoian at students.berkeley.net

*Join a Club OR Start a Club*

The BHS Student Club list is always available online on the BHS website.
All student clubs are inclusive and open to new members throughout the
entire school year (with only a few exceptions due to competition schedule
or GPA requirements).

BHS Student Club List
<https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/student-activities-3/berkeley-high-clubs/>

If you would like to register a NEW or RETURNING student club, then please
complete a club registration form by October 31st.

Register a BHS Student Club for 2021-22
<https://forms.gle/NbSbChjSjWzeLP9y6>

*Our Monologues 2022*

Dear Berkeley High (students/parents/staff),

Our names are Riya and Anna, and we are the co-directors of the Our
Monologues production 2021-2022. We are both Berkeley High School seniors
in the BIHS program, and we are so excited to share the news of the
upcoming production this year!  As many of you know, the BHS community is
full of creativity and expression. Each year, there are a variety of
incredible performances, yearly traditions, and events here on campus. Two
years ago, the previously called *Vagina Monologues* were replaced by what
we now call *Our Monologues.* Our Monologues is a student-written and
directed performance that includes spoken word, dance, and song. This
production celebrates the talent of Berkeley High students while bringing
light to experiences that are often minimized or overlooked even within our
own communities. The diversity and inclusivity the cast and monologues hold
are of great importance to us. Each year, it has become more representative
of the students whose stories have not been told yet. This school year, the
directors (Riya Jivan and Anna Pelegrino) will be putting together this
iconic performance for the Berkeley High community in the spring of 2022.
Our goal is to create a performance that is even more inclusive, diverse,
and representative of the *real* Berkeley High community, the vulnerable
and unfiltered truth.

And we would love for you to be a part of it. Any and all submissions are
welcome, and Monologue submissions are open until September 11th, 2021.
Auditions will be held during mid October and we will cast within the first
week of November.

*Everyone has a story worth sharing. We hope you all become inspired to
submit yours.*

 For more information visit our website ourmonologuesbhs.wordpress.com
<http://ourmonologuesbhs.wordpress.com/>, or check out our past submissions
tab for some inspiration.

Thank you, we look forward to hearing from you!

Riya Jivan and Anna Pelegrino

*Poppin’ Thursday Roller Skate Party*

The Berkeley Parks & Rec Department is offering all Roller Skaters a fun
night out with Poppin’ Thursdays, Roller Skate Party at Grove Park. It will
take place Sept. 2 from 5-8 pm and also again on October 7. You will need
to bring your own skates or roller blades. It is open to all ages with food
trucks and a live DJ present.

*Fall PE Waiver due September 10*

Any student, participating in a state or nationally sponsored, competitive
sports activity, including a professional dance company, can request a
waiver of the Physical Education requirement from the BHS Administration.
Please review the entire requirements for approval of the waiver and submit
the completed form by September 10, 2021. The forms are available at the
Counseling Center.

* For the Berkeley YMCA PE Waiver Program contact Angelo Petrilli at
apetrilli at ymcaeastbay.org

* For BHS Athletic Teams contact the Athletic Directors at
athleticdirector at berkeley.net

*JOIN THE BHS JACKET STUDENT NEWSPAPER*

The Berkeley High Jacket Newspaper is still hiring Writers, Illustrators,
Photographers, and Columnists for the 2021/2022 school year!

If you are interested in joining a strong community of student journalists
and help to construct our award winning paper each week, we strongly
encourage you to apply.

All grades and students may apply regardless of past experience. Writer,
Illustrator, and Photographer applications are due this Friday, September
3, at 7pm.

Direct any questions to Jeremy Herpin at jeremyherpin at students.berkeley.net

Instagram @bhsjacket

*Interested in writing fiction or poetry? *

Join Redwood Literary Magazine! Redwood is published once per quarter, and
our first meeting of the year is this Friday, September 3rd, at lunch.
We'll be on the grass between the H building and the Little Theater. Visit
redwoodberkeleyhigh.com or email redwoodberkeleyhigh at gmail.com for more
information.

*Senior Portraits & Make Up Photo*

*Senior Portraits *will take place on campus at the end of October. More
info about appointments will be shared in the next few weeks.

If you missed taking a registration week, what do I need to do?

There will be one more make-up photo date on October 6th.

Visit Mylifetouch.com for information on 2021-22 LifeTouch School Photos

   - To browse and purchase packages before your Photo Day
   <https://my.lifetouch.com/mylifetouch/#/pictureDayId/EVTQV8KDN>.
   - To purchase packages after Photo Day, you will need a Portrait ID from
   the order form.  <https://my.lifetouch.com/mylifetouch/#/>

*Berkeley High Events Calendar*

Follow & add the Berkeley High Events Calendar
<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0/embed?src=c_b3hvfpkecpkeh4gc3atup2dang@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Los_Angeles>

Club events, performances, large school events, and other important
deadlines.

--
Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, Chaghig Walker, and Charlotte Le Liboux are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions

BHS Etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
BUSD 2021-2022 Calendar: 2021-2022 Calendar
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Calendar-21-22-v71221.pdf>
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not
work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email
address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/,
or contact the Etree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net. <bhs-owner at lmi.net>

To *subscribe* to the Etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: subscribe