[BHS Etree] SENIORS: Senior Slide Submission Deadline and Lawn Sign Pick-Up

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon May 3 11:19:04 PDT 2021

Please do not reply to this message. If you have any questions, please contact johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net <mailto:johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net>

SUBMIT YOUR SENIOR SLIDE by MAY 10
In addition to each in-person ceremony, we will host a procession of graduates during your graduation ceremony later in the spring. You can customize your senior slide with a photo, appreciation message, and a few other categories. This will be just one part of the virtual ceremony so please upload your senior slide info between now and May 10th.

BHS SENIOR SLIDES form <http://bit.ly/bhsseniorslides>

CLASS of 2021 LAWN SIGN PICK UP
TUE. MAY 11 & THUR. MAY 13
1:30 PM - 3:45 PM
@ MILVIA & KITTREDGE (near textbook pickup)
Look for a red tent!

We will have a quick pickup station for all graduating students to get a free lawn or window sign to represent the Class of 2021! One lawn sign per graduate.
Major appreciation to the BHS DEVELOPMENT GROUP for the support of this senior activity.

See you there!

P.S. MORE DETAILS ABOUT WRISTBAND DISTRIBUTION, SASHES, PARKING, AND OTHER GRADUATION DETAILS WILL BE RELEASED AS WE GET CLOSER TO GRADUATION WEEKEND.

---------- Check out the PREVIOUS grad message with other timely bits of info ---------

Hello to the Class of 2021 Graduates & Their Families,

We have an exciting announcement about the graduation schedule for the Class of 2021. There will be an in-person ceremony in small groups on June 4, 5, & 6 in our own Jacket Stadium. Each graduate will receive four (4) guest wristbands. We look forward to hearing cheers in the stands for the graduates, but for all other fans of the Class of 2021, you can rest assured that we will record each ceremony and have plans to make it available as a livestream. There will be professional photographers near the stage to capture each graduate walking up to and on the stage as well. This is sure to be a memorable day for all and we look forward to each Jacket graduate getting their chance to shine on stage.

In addition to a reduced seating capacity spaced out in pods of 4 guests in the bleachers, we will require mask wearing, provide hand sanitizer stations, and clean high contact surfaces between ceremonies. Although it may seem to add to spirit to the event, we are not allowing the distribution of any items (balloons, flowers, sashes, leis, etc.) at Jacket Stadium on the ceremony day. Please help us keep the ceremony a healthy environment for all by staying home if you feel ill or have recently come into contact with someone who was feeling ill or who has tested positive for COVID-19.

In future communications we will provide more details about health precautions being set for these ceremonies as well as other information regarding parking, ADA seating, wristband distribution, livestream, photography, among other items.

Thank you & Go Jackets!

We will share updates directly via student email, the BHS e-tree, the BHS website <https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>, the senior lette <https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/student-activities-3/senior-information-2/>r among other means.

Friday, June 4
ARTS & HUMANITIES ACADEMY (AHA)
9:00 am - 10:30 am
Contact Devon Brewer <mailto:devonbrewer at berkeley.net>, Amanda Toporek <mailto:devonbrewer at berkeley.net>
COMMUNICATION ARTS & SCIENCES (CAS)
12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
Contact Max Wheeler <mailto:maxwheeler at berkeley.net>, Kiernan Rok <mailto:kiernanrok at berkeley.net>
ASIAN PACIFIC ISLANDER (API)
4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Contact Dana Moran <mailto:berkeleyhighapic at gmail.com> Instagram @bhs.apic <https://www.instagram.com/bhs.apic/>
CELEBRATION OF BLACK EXCELLENCE (AFAM)
7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Contact Spencer Pritchard <mailto:spencerpritchard at berkeley.net>, Dawn Williams <mailto:spencerpritchard at berkeley.net>
Saturday, June 5
ACADEMIC CHOICE (AC) LAST NAMES A-L
9:00 am-10:30 pm
Contact Tammy Rose <mailto:tammyrose at berkeley.net>, Ann Sperske <mailto:annsperske at berkeley.net>, Angela Coppola <mailto:angelacoppola at berkeley.net>
ACADEMIC CHOICE (AC) LAST NAMES M-Z
12:30 pm -2:00 pm
LATINX (LTNX)
4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
 Contact Claudia Gonzalez <mailto:claudiagonzalez at berkeley.net> Instagram @bhs.latinxunidos <https://www.instagram.com/bhs.latinxunidos/>
ACADEMY of MEDICINE PUBLIC SERVICE (AMPS)
7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
 Contact John Tobias <mailto:devonbrewer at berkeley.net> Claudia Gonzalez <mailto:claudiagonzalez at berkeley.net>
Sunday, June 6
BERKELEY INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL (BIHS)
9:00 am - 10:30 am
Contact Carrie Berg <mailto:carrieberg at berkeley.net>, Rebecca Villagran <mailto:rebeccavillagran at berkeley.net>, Amanda Moreno <mailto:amandamoreno at berkeley.net>
BERKELEY INDEPENDENT STUDY (BIS) / BERKELEY TECHNOLOGY ACADEMY (BTA) / R.I.S.E.
12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
Contact Heidi Weber <mailto:BIS at berkeley.net> Adriana Betti <mailto:adrianabetti at berkeley.net>
MULTILINGUAL PROGRAM (MLP)
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Contact Daniella Maaze <mailto:daniellamaaze at berkeley.net> Instagram @mlpteachers <https://www.instagram.com/mlpteachers/>
BRIDGE
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Contact Jessie Luxford <mailto:jessieluxford at berkeley.net>, Spencer Pritchard <mailto:spencerpritchard at berkeley.net>

Please seek information from your student or leaders of your student’s program, small school, or cultural affinity group for specific details on their ceremony. Participation in a small school or departmental ceremony is not a guarantee that the student has met all requirements necessary for graduation.

PURCHASE A CAP & GOWN
Achievers Inc. is accepting orders online, over the phone or by mail. As soon as you order your cap & gown or announcements, class rings (to be shipped after full payment) and other grad items, they will ship it directly to your home via FedEx.
Online:       GraduationOrder.com <http://graduationorder.com/>  (password bhs510)
Phone:      408-441-7200 Mon-Fri   9am-4pm (English/Spanish)
Mail:              Achievers Inc. 877 Commercial Street, San Jose, CA 95112

VIRTUAL CEREMONY
In addition to each in-person ceremony, we will host a procession of graduates during your graduation ceremony later in the spring. You can customize your senior slide with a photo, appreciation message, and a few other categories. This will be just one part of the virtual ceremony so please upload your senior slide info between now and May 10th.
BHS SENIOR SLIDES form <http://bit.ly/bhsseniorslides>
OUTSTANDING BOOKS
Please review this document for detailed information <https://docs.google.com/document/d/15tNqLimKbTTxoqyrHz-LTnOB12dW_KqIHwqjA5f9yDY/edit> about end of year textbook and library book returns.

SENIOR PORCH-TRAITS with BERKELEY TIMES
Berkeley Times is now scheduling photo shoots for any high school graduate (BHS, BIS, BTA) who schedules a photo shoot by May 9. Photos will be published in the annual Senior PorchTraits edition, now scheduled for circulation on Thursday, June 3.
To schedule a portrait, contact Berkeley Times editor Todd Kerr (510 332 7572, editor at berkeleyx.org <mailto:editor at berkeleyx.org>).

Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, Chaghig Walker, and Charlotte Le Liboux are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS Etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/ <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
BHS website: http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/ <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
BUSD 2020-2021 Calendar: 2020-2021 Calendar <https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/2020-21-BUSDCalendar_5.15.19.pdf>
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy <http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy>

To unsubscribe from the Etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/ <http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/>, or contact the Etree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net. <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>