[BHS Etree] PTSA: New website, contest, and math support launched today

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Feb 1 13:54:24 PST 2021

Please do not reply to this email, contact mimipulich at yahoo.com with
questions.

Today the PTSA launches its new website, which is the culmination of months
of effort on the part of the PTSA's executive team of parents and students.

https://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/

The scope of what’s on our website is much broader than just PTSA related
activities. Our “Information” section's launch content includes:

   -

   Emotional and mental health services and resources and shared family
   experiences
   -

   The impact of distance learning as expressed by BHS parents/guardians
   and students
   -

   New staff interviews as well as some that were previously shared via the
   eTree
   -

   An orientation to the issues around sexual harassment and what to do if
   it happens to a member of your family
   -

   Why Black History Month is important, a video from School Board Director
   Laura Babitt
   -

   Our PTSA president’s message which conveys the PTSA's direction this year

This year the PTSA has a team of student executives who have worked on the
website’s Student section which features:

   -

   The PTSA Black History Month Art Contest in 5 categories with cash
   prizes. We hope it will become an annual event (details are on the site,
   more will be coming in a separate eTree message)
   -

   “Student Life” articles that include overviews of student leadership,
   culture-specific clubs, and student efforts to address sexual harassment at
   BHS
   -

   The MATH SURVIVAL KIT website, which is the result of a 2 year effort
   and provides culled videos that complement the over 2000 Ready, Set, Go
   problem sets in BHS’s Math 1-2-3 curriculum
   -

   Social media Instagram @ptsa.bhs and more BHS Instagram @s being used

Please check out our new site, consider joining the PTSA, and take care
during this very different and challenging year.

The PTSA Parent and Student Executive team of 2020-2021

------------------------------------

Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, Chaghig Walker, and Charlotte Le Liboux are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS Etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD 2019-2020 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar1920
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/BerkeleyUSDCalendar-K12-2019-20-v6.pdf>

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not
work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email
address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/,
or contact the Etree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net. <bhs-owner at lmi.net>

To *subscribe* to the Etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: subscribe