[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Open House, January 28th: Schedule and useful links

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Jan 27 18:56:27 PST 2021

Please do not reply to this email, Contact kiernanrok at berkeley.net

Greetings Berkeley High School Families,

We hope that you will join us tomorrow evening, Thursday January 28th, for
BHS’s Open House. Despite the constraints of a virtual format, our teachers
have been working hard to plan this event and we hope that it will be a
positive experience for you!

Open House Part One: Small Learning Community Education Assembly (Video
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CBdqd9YigJcp79B-KiXrvSVyXBgHIe-S/view>)

Intended Audience: 9th Grade students & families

Time: streaming at 5:00 - 6:00 pm (video will be available indefinitely)

9th grade students attended a virtual assembly earlier this month to learn
about BHS’s Small Learning Communities (SLCs). This video
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CBdqd9YigJcp79B-KiXrvSVyXBgHIe-S/view> is
the recording of that assembly and is available here for families to learn
more about the unique offerings of our 5 SLCs. We have also included a short
video
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FCHZkAx5FUAxwi8uW63CooNuL2rotrRl/view>
about BUSD’s Alternative High School programs: Independent Study and
Berkeley Technology Academy. There is no live component during Part One.

Open House Part Two: Live Meetings with Teachers

Intended Audience: Families of current students in the class and SLC

Time: 6:00 - 7:30 pm

3 rotations, 30 minutes each:  6:00 pm, 6:30 pm, 7:00 pm

At 6:00 pm, we will begin three, 30-minute rotations of live, virtual
meetings with teachers. Please search for your student’s teachers, course
titles or SLC using the search tool
<https://script.google.com/a/macros/berkeley.net/s/AKfycbzWcLYR5w2eXXmWp9mDQqHinlssJIbCgbkJSP2dRYgGYKXnLHVyXa_f/exec>
included in the attached flyer
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CCjSfhsnAf6C4nRc7HCHx70ybIjosbii/view?usp=sharing>.
Click on the link to join the meeting at any time during the 30 minute
window.

Many teachers will be presenting together in course-alike or grade-level
teams. In order to visit 6 different teachers, you will need to visit 2
meetings within each 30-minute rotation. Rather than a traditional Open
House schedule with 6 periods, this event is a ‘gallery walk’ experience
that will provide you with a sampling of what is happening in various
classes, departments and SLCs at BHS.

Sincerely,

Kiernan Rok

Vice Principal

--
Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, Chaghig Walker, and Charlotte Le Liboux are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions

BHS Etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
BUSD 2020-2021 Calendar: 2020-2021 Calendar
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/2020-21-BUSDCalendar_5.15.19.pdf>
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not
work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email
address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/,
or contact the Etree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net. <bhs-owner at lmi.net>

To *subscribe* to the Etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: subscribe