[BHS Etree] SENIORS: NEW JAN 31 deadline Sr. Portraits / Sr. Quotes / Grad Survey Results / Transcripts & Missing Books?

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Jan 11 08:48:18 PST 2021

Please do not reply to this email. Contact details for any questions are
listed in the relevant paragraphs below.

Hello Seniors,

We appreciate the feedback that we received on the first graduation
brainstorm survey in December. About 20% of your classmates completed the
survey, so we really only have a snippet of the opinions and sentiments
from your class. However, it is clear that 2021 wants a "walk across the
stage" moment. At this time in January, it is hard to say exactly what
graduation will look like later in May or June. We will seek examples from
other high schools and talk with BUSD/BHS staff that would be involved in
any format of grad event to formulate potential options for our own
graduation. The ceremony may not look exactly how we want it, but you will
definitely be acknowledged and honored for your achievement! Notwithstanding,
Dr. Stephens, BUSD superintendent, did specify in the December 3rd Town
Hall meeting that any large gathering is unlikely even later in the spring
and he outlined the reasons for his comments as you can watch for yourself
<https://youtu.be/CCKZdUvGoz0?t=4271>. We anticipate reaching out with more
info later this month or early February.

Be on the lookout for information about senior shirts or other activities
from the Class of 2021 Leadership Instagram. @berkeleyseniors21

*Senior Letter* - As more information about senior activities and events
pops up, we will post it all on the Senior Letter
<https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/student-activities-3/senior-information-2/>,
share via email and the BHS e-tree, as well as any BHS socials. If you have
any questions please reach out.

*R <https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/resources/registrar/>**egistrar's
Office website <https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/resources/registrar/>* - On
this website , there are links on how to obtain copies of official
transcripts, duplicate diplomas, work permits, concurrent enrollment forms,
etc. In addition, here is a note about how academic counselors can assist
with transcript requests to schools that are listed on the Common App
<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?tab=rm&ogbl#search/barbara/WhctKJWJKfSBNvpKMShfzTHvjZNwDmTdtqSGFTtxdKpXQDqRZKRfXcwGVFPfTVPWSFxwrFg?projector=1&messagePartId=0.1>
. If you don’t see what you need, Email bhsregistrar at berkeley.net as they
are happy to help…..

*BHS Library & Textbo**oks *- Be proactive if you know you have any missing
or lost books.  The BHS Library will be understanding of any difficulty
with replacing lost or missing books, so contact Nicole Fitzhugh
<nicolefitzhugh at berkeley.net>, Textbook Room Clerk. Seniors won't receive
their high school diplomas until they return all their textbooks and
library books back to the textbook room and library.

*>>>NEW DEADLINE>>>Senior Portraits* - BHS Yearbook will accept up to 2
pics following these specific guidelines (linked here) by 11:59 PM on *January
31st*
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NNuRtG-Pq5jJ9s4FnOhRlDosLb3npNggQSIY_652XSA/edit?usp=sharing>
.
If you do not submit a senior portrait, BHS Yearbook may use your junior
year photo instead. If you need support, contact via Instagram
@berkeleyearbook <https://www.instagram.com/berkeleyearbook/> or email
bhsyearbook at berkeley.net. <bhsyearbook at berkeley.net>

>>>Submit portraits to eShare
<http://www.hjeshare.com/eShare/?code=gojackets>

*Senior Quotes* -BHS Yearbook will include a small selection of quotes that
are submitted through the Google forms attached below. To be considered for
print, submit your quote using the following link. Senior Quote form
<https://forms.gle/tSJA42fvVkbehNZV9>

*Cap & Gown Orders* - If you would like to take and submit a
senior portrait in your Class of 2021 cap, gown and tassel,
then order soon! Achievers Inc. is accepting orders online, over the phone
or by mail. As soon as you order your cap and gown or announcements (to be
sent in the spring), class rings (to be shipped after full payment) and
other grad items, they will ship it directly to your home via FedEx.

Online:       GraduationOrder.com <http://graduationorder.com/>  (password
bhs510)
Phone:      408-441-7200 Mon-Fri   9am-4pm (English/Spanish)
Mail:              Achievers Inc. 877 Commercial Street, San Jose, CA
95112

--
*-------------------------------------------------------------------------*
Berkeley High School is *1 B I G, R E D & G O L D Family!*
johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net
@juicethejackets
Let's play Chess.com <https://www.chess.com/member/johnvillavicencio>!

& helpful resources...
*BHS Leadership website <http://berkeleyschools.net/leadership/>*
*Click here for BUSD Tech Tools! <https://digitech.berkeley.net/tools> *
*List of BHS Student Clubs*
<https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/student-activities-3/berkeley-high-clubs/>

--
Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, Chaghig Walker, and Charlotte Le Liboux are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions

BHS Etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
BUSD 2020-2021 Calendar: 2020-2021 Calendar
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/2020-21-BUSDCalendar_5.15.19.pdf>
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not
work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email
address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/,
or contact the Etree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net. <bhs-owner at lmi.net>

To *subscribe* to the Etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: subscribe