[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Bulletin, Week of Dec 7th

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Dec 9 13:44:59 PST 2020

Please do not reply to this message - contact information is included
below.

BERKELEY HIGH SCHOOL

STUDENT BULLETIN

*One big, red & gold family!*

Felix Mousigian, Chief of Publicity

Aaron Rumph, Chief of Publicity

Mr. V, Director of Student Activities

2020-2021 ASB Leadership

Week of December 7, 2020

The Student Bulletin Archives are always available here
<http://berkeleyschools.net/leadership/>.

Student Bulletin Episodes release by Wednesday

*Video Bulletin*

https://youtu.be/VM7y6yrsSz4

*TeenTechSF Global Youth Summit*

Hi! My name is Emily Sidhartha, and I am TeenTechSF’s STEM Workshop
Associate. We are inviting middle and high schoolers all over the world to
join our TeenTechSF Global Youth Summit

This is a gateway tech experience! Learn about Data Analysis, Intro to
Video Game Design, App Development and more. No experience needed!

REGISTER NOW! The event is free, but registration is required and space is
limited.

<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2020-teentechsf-global-youth-summit-registration-128042088333>
<<<<<

When you see the question “how did you hear about this?”, choose
“TeenTechSF Leadership Team Member, Friends/Family” and type “Emily
Sidharta”. Thank you for your support!

Instagram @teentechsf

*Sustainable Gift Wrapping Contest*

All you need to do is send a photo of your winning gift wrapping design to
zaiabachrach at students.berkeley.net by December 18th to win the contest and
get your special eco-friendly prize!

To win, here are the requirements:

- Take photo of the wrapping that clearly shows the design

- Write a caption with all supplies used in your design in the email

- Do not use plastic based tape (most tape)

- Do not use any NEW materials, only things you already own

- Must be reused or eco-friendly material

- Nothing that will end up in the landfill may be used

- Be creative!

*The most sustainable, original, and resourceful wrapping will win!*

We can’t wait to see what you come up with!

Find The Zero Waste Club on Instagram @bhszerowaste

*Big News for the Jacket Newspaper*

The Jacket Newspaper was announced as a Columbia Scholastic Press
Association Crown winner for the 2019-20 school year. Advisor Peter
Rodrigues explains, "This is one of two big national student journalism
awards and I couldn't be prouder of the team.”

Visit https://berkeleyhighjacket.com/ to read award winning news!

*Senior Grad & Spring Survey*

 BHS is asking for your feedback on the 2021 graduation as well as
senior-related activities in the spring. Please share your thoughts and
suggestions in a survey shared by Mr. V on Monday. We hope to share the
results of the survey by winter break and/or follow up with any next steps
in early January. Thank you,

The survey will close on December 14th at 8:00 am.

As more information about senior activities and events pops up, we will
post it all on the Senior Letter
<https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/student-activities-3/senior-information-2/>,
share via email and the BHS Etree, as well as any BHS socials.

We have a new deadline for Seniors to submit their 2 senior portraits to
the BHS Yearbook. You now have until midnight on January 1st
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NNuRtG-Pq5jJ9s4FnOhRlDosLb3npNggQSIY_652XSA/edit?usp=sharing>
to upload your photos. Seniors, check your email for the portrait
guidelines and for the eShare link to upload photos.

If you do not submit a senior portrait, BHS Yearbook may use your junior
year photo instead. If you need tech support, dm us on Instagram
@berkeleyearbook <https://www.instagram.com/berkeleyearbook/> or email us
bhsyearbook at berkeley.net and we can figure something out.

<http://www.hjeshare.com/eShare/?code=gojackets>*<<<<<<<<<*

Please contact BHS Yearbook directly for any specific questions.

bhsyearbook at berkeley.net

*2019-2020 Yearbook Distribution on Dec. 15th*

Dear BHS Community,

We have been getting many questions and concerns regarding the distribution
of the 2019-2020 Yearbook. We understand the confusion and frustration and
we appreciate your patience. We are pleased to announce that the 2020
Yearbooks are available for a scheduled pick-up on Tuesday, December 15th
at our BHS Supply Center from 1:30 pm- 3:30pm. This will take place at the
glass doors on Milvia Street.

*FYI There are NO 2019-2020 yearbooks available for sale at this time.*

We have all of the FAQ’s attached below.

*If these days need to be canceled due to inclement weather or other
factors, we will update you as soon as possible with proposed make up
days. *

*When? *

*Tuesdays before Winter break*

*December 15th:*

*Emergency make-up day!*

*Only students who were not able to come to their scheduled slots should
come in this make-up slot.*

*1:30-2:30*

Last names *A- Ku*

*2:30-3:30*

Last names *La- Z*

*Where?*

*Between the M Gate and the Glass doors on Milvia St (between Bancroft Way
& Kitteridge) to leave space between material pick up and us.*

*How Does the BHS Supply Center Work?*

*Drive up or walk-up to the school entrance at the intersection of Milvia
St. & Kittredge St:*

*Please have your student’s first and last name, written legibly on a piece
of paper.*

If there is an issue finding your name you will be asked to move down the
street to a further table to assist you.

*Please write if you are coming for a yearbook or textbooks and a
yearbook. *

*Please do not open your window until we ask.*

*Our volunteers will need to be able to see the first and last name clearly
to get your yearbooks at a safe 6ft distance.*

*Reminders: *

 *CDC Guidelines*
<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html>*
and* *City of Berkeley Shelter-in-place Order*
<https://www.cityofberkeley.info/covid-19/>*:*

   - Minimum 6 feet social distancing at all times.
   - Must wear face covering.
   - If you are sick or symptomatic, *you must stay home.*

*Please arrive at your scheduled time!!*

 Thank you for your understanding,

BHS Yearbook Staff

Olla Podrida

bhsyearbook at berkeley.net

*Here is an update from the College & Career Center…*

*CONGRATULATIONS to all of you who submitted CSU, UC, and other college
applications!*

*Next steps…*

*College Portals: This is how the college will communicate with you!*

Create student portals with usernames and passwords (sometimes security
questions) to check your application status for all schools you applied to.
To help keep track, use this cool planning tool, My College Tracker.
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DJcMtNFNCLwbVIFCc57rUzHMGFHcGzqtKbvvNIJ3tUY/edit?usp=sharing>

*Senior Survey*:  Please complete ASAP:  *tinyurl.com/mymilestones2021*
<http://tinyurl.com/mymilestones2021>

Please keep the counselors informed about your college applications or
plans by completing the Senior Survey. We appreciate your few minutes of
time to fill out a quick survey. Helps us to serve your needs!

Finally, Check out the 12.4 CCC email from Ms. Jacobs with the latest on
Scholarships
<https://docs.google.com/a/berkeley.net/spreadsheets/d/1gY3jeHg3G4ONMB9UJHwrHMo4t8dH_b4O6x80Skcj5xw/edit#gid=0>,
FAFSA <http://fafsa.gov/> and *Dual Enrollment at BCC for the Spring*
<https://pa.peralta.edu/psp/PA/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/COMMUNITY_ACCESS.CLASS_SEARCH.GBL?PORTALPARAM_PTCNAV=HC_CLASS_SEARCH_GBL3&EOPP.SCNode=EMPL&EOPP.SCPortal=EMPLOYEE&EOPP.SCName=PCC_STUDENT_SERVICES&EOPP.SCLabel=&EOPP.SCPTcname=PT_PTPP_SCFNAV_BASEPAGE_SCR&FolderPath=PORTAL_ROOT_OBJECT.PORTAL_BASE_DATA.CO_NAVIGATION_COLLECTIONS.PCC_STUDENT_SERVICES.ADMN_S201406190003046112552262&IsFolder=false>
and use the dual enrollment form
<https://web.peralta.edu/admissions/files/2020/04/High-School-Special-Enrollment-form-2020-2.pdf>
.

*If anyone is interested in submitting an announcement this year, there are
some basic guidelines to follow:*

Here are the basic guidelines for submitting a bulletin:

1. It must be relevant to roughly 100 or more students or staff members.

2. It must be a message that promotes community and builds up positive
school culture.

3. Please no birthday announcements or personal requests.

Please submit your morning announcement to the Google From:
http://bit.ly/bhsstudentbulletin

*BHS Activities & Events*

*BHS * <https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>

*Website* <https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>

*Follow @juicethejackets* <https://www.instagram.com/juicethejackets/>

*Student Bulletin Archive* <http://berkeleyschools.net/leadership/>

*Submit a Bulletin* <http://bit.ly/bhsstudentbulletin>

*_____________________________*

Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, Chaghig Walker, and Charlotte Le Liboux are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS Etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD 2020-2021 Calendar: 2020-2021 Calendar
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/2020-21-BUSDCalendar_5.15.19.pdf>

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not
work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email
address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/,
or contact the Etree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net. <bhs-owner at lmi.net>

word only in the subject line: subscribe