[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Tobacco Use Prevention Education at BHS

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Nov 18 09:37:45 PST 2020

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact davidluu at berkeley.net <mailto:davidluu at berkeley.net>

Dear parents,

I hope this email finds you well. I'm writing to inform you that I am the Site Coordinator for the Alameda County Office of Education's Tobacco Use Prevention Education program at Berkeley High School. Please watch this video <https://vimeo.com/showcase/7559357/video/458300508> for information about the work that TUPE does, as well as some important messages about vaping and COVID-19. Contact me if your child is interested in being on the Tobacco Use Prevention Education team, as we are still looking for people to join. They would learn the newest information regarding tobacco prevention and vaping and would have the opportunity to lead classroom education activities. Community service credits are available.

I am also the resident Drug Counselor for Berkeley High School. Contact me if your child is interested in reducing their use of cannabis, tobacco products, or alcohol. For those of you that have questions about tobacco (including vaping) or cannabis, please refer to these resources from the Stanford Tobacco Prevention Toolkit <https://med.stanford.edu/tobaccopreventiontoolkit/resource-directory.html> and the Stanford Cannabis Awareness and Prevention Toolkit <https://med.stanford.edu/cannabispreventiontoolkit/resource-directory.html>. They will provide you with a foundation of knowledge from which you can engage your child about these topics. For those with other questions relating to drug prevention, education, intervention, and harm reduction, please feel free to reach out.

Best regards,

David  Luu

“The end of all knowledge should be service to others.” – Cesar Chavez

Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, Chaghig Walker, and Charlotte Le Liboux are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS Etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/ <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
BHS website: http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/ <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
BUSD 2020-2021 Calendar: 2020-2021 Calendar <https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/2020-21-BUSDCalendar_5.15.19.pdf>
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy <http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy>

To unsubscribe from the Etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/ <http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/>, or contact the Etree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net. <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>