[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Substance Use Education Resources and Input for Webinar

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Oct 22 11:45:54 PDT 2020

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact davidluu at berkeley.net <mailto:davidluu at berkeley.net>

Dear Parents,

For those of you who do not know me, my name is David Luu and I am the resident Alcohol, Tobacco and other Drug Educator for Berkeley High School. My job duty consists primarily of working with students that have been caught using, in possession of, or under the influence of a controlled substance. My work does not constitute treatment. However, I engage students in conversations that encourage them to examine why they are using, think about where their life is headed, and also include work around how to refrain from using in tough situations. I want to let you know that you can contact me in case you have any concerns about your child's use or suspected use. I'd be glad to offer up information and resources so that you can make well-informed decisions about how to approach your child.

I'm in the process of planning a webinar for parents, but I need your input so that I can tailor it to your needs. If you're interested in filling out a survey to guide the process, please click on the survey link here <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScln6bcHxpojP166oCbT6OV2LCRVPrzmTHicD8St6uyoe4CjQ/viewform>.

Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, Chaghig Walker, and Charlotte Le Liboux are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS Etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/ <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
BHS website: http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/ <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
BUSD 2020-2021 Calendar: 2020-2021 Calendar <https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/2020-21-BUSDCalendar_5.15.19.pdf>
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy <http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy>

To unsubscribe from the Etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/ <http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/>, or contact the Etree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net. <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>