[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Bulletin for Week of October 12

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Oct 13 09:45:31 PDT 2020

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact information is included below.

BERKELEY HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT BULLETIN

One big, red & gold family!

Felix Mousigian, Chief of Publicity

Aaron Rumph, Chief of Publicity

Mr. V, Director of Student Activities

2020-2021 ASB Leadership

Week of October 12, 2020

The Student Bulletin Archives are always available here
<http://berkeleyschools.net/leadership/>.

Student Bulletin Video Episodes release Monday or Tuesday

Student Bulletin messages release Monday & Thursday or Friday

Friday Shoutouts 10.9.2020 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2av6YBehch4>

Author: John Villavicencio
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp5t9cjr05QSwQR9pe_uZJg>:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2av6YBehch4

Feeling stressed?

Need a brain and body break during your distance learning week? Join us in
the RJ drop in space Wednesdays for a time to de-stress physically and
mentally with dynamic mindfulness - simple movements and breathing
techniques that can help you feel refreshed and ready for the rest of your
day. Wednesdays 11:30am-12:00pm

Zoom information
<https://berkeley-net.zoom.us/j/82247308491?pwd=aXEwdFdwcVppL0s2VXpvU2p6c2xsZz09>
Meeting
ID: 822 4730 8491Passcode: 392331

Friday 10/16 we are hosting the introductory meeting of the club BHS
Students Demand Action. The meeting will be at 3 pm and all the information
for the zoom will be on our Instagram (@studentsdemandactionbhs
<https://www.instagram.com/studentsdemandactionbhs/>) or feel free to
personally email either of us for the link if you don't have Instagram. Our
emails are georgiacorson at students.berkeley.net and
zoetseng at students.berkeley.net. Make sure to stop by the meeting to learn
more about our club and our plans for this year. And tell your friends to
come too!

Get Berkeley Bowl to use Compostable Bulk Bags!

We all know plastic is terrible for the environment, especially plastic
bags. This flimsy material is the least recyclable of any plastic and kills
100,000 marine animals every year. One easy switch grocery stores can make
is adopting the use of compostable bags instead of plastic bags for loose
produce. In order to make change on a larger scale, we need to start
locally, and that means holding local businesses accountable for their
plastic consumption. Making this switch for Berkeley Bowl would not be any
more inconvenient for consumers nor would it be more expensive, but it
would be hugely beneficial for the environment.

http://chng.it/zPSVF9Mrzy

BHS Athletics Tryouts begin December 7th

December 7th is the first day of official practice and tryouts for our
Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, both Volleyball, and both Water Polo
teams. To find coaches' contact information, go to our website at
http://berkeleyhighathletics.org Only Cleared Student-Athletes can
participate. Please go here to register as soon as possible (deadline is
NOV 30):
https://sites.google.com/berkeley.net/bhsathletics/Resources/athlete-registration
Stay informed about BHS Athletics during these uncertain times by visiting
our website and Twitter feed (@BHSjacketSports) frequently. Go Jackets

Auditions for Our Monologues are starting soon!

The production is an amazing opportunity for actors, singers, dancers, and
more to have a chance to be part of an impactful performance that is deeply
rooted in our community. No prior experience is needed!  If you are
interested in signing up for auditions, fill out the Audition Interest Form
under the Audition tab at ourmonologuesbhs.wordpress.com, and more
information will be sent to you soon.

Senior Portraits & Cap & Gown Orders

'21 we have a  class update for you….If you have not seen the message from
BHS Yearbook about senior portraits, they are now accepting your photos
until November 30. Seniors will need to follow specific guidelines when
taking the photos, as outlined in their message
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NNuRtG-Pq5jJ9s4FnOhRlDosLb3npNggQSIY_652XSA/edit>.
This year, you can choose your own photographer.

If you would like to take and submit a senior portrait in your Class of
2021 cap, gown and tassel, then order soon! Achievers Inc. is accepting
orders online, over the phone or by mail. Orders will begin shipping on
October 26th. After this date, they will ship your order directly to your
home as soon as it is placed.

GRADUATION ORDERS: Achievers is now taking orders for all your graduation
needs from cap & gowns to announcements, rings, and other grad swag.
Achievers offers packages for grad items or just the cap & gown by itself.
All Senior families should receive emails and maybe a catalog in the mail
with more info on how to place their graduation orders.  Senior families
can submit their order in one of (3) ways: online, over the phone, or by
mail.

Online:        GraduationOrder.com <http://graduationorder.com/>  (password
bhs510)

Phone:      408-441-7200 Mon-Fri   9am-4pm (English/Spanish)

Mail:              Achievers Inc. 877 Commercial Street, San Jose, CA
95112

DELIVERY: Achievers will start shipping cap/gown orders directly to your
home after October 26th via FEDEX.

Plans for graduation, prom, senior sunrise among other activities are still
being explored. We will share what we can when we know it on the bulletin,
etree, senior letter and Instagram.

First Black Student Union Meeting is 10/15

Sign up for the 2020 - 2021 roster for Black Student Union! The link for
the first General Body Meeting will be provided after filling out this
form. The first meeting will be 10/15/2020 Follow us on our socials. IG:
@berkeleybsu Twitter: @berkeleybsu

Sign Up for BSU Here <https://forms.gle/zp7EhHUAtaBT5uz4A>!

UC Berkeley Panel 04: Race (10/14)

UC Berkeley Graduate students & Professors will present about Race in short
segments, allowing for a minimal time commitment, and an opportunity to ask
questions and enlist in the mentorship program for research.

Learn more about Race

Wed. Oct. 14 at 4pm

Zoom Link <https://berkeley.zoom.us/j/94625654581>

Meeting ID: 946 2565 4581

Mentorship Program Following the panel discussion, consider getting
involved in the mentorship program in order to participate in projects and
research at UC Berkeley.

Reach out to Zephyr Zoidis if you have any questions.

If anyone is interested in submitting an announcement this year, there are
some basic guidelines to follow:

Here are the basic guidelines for submitting a bulletin:1. It must be
relevant to roughly 100 or more students or staff members. 2. It must be a
message that promotes community and builds up positive school culture. 3.
Please no birthday announcements or personal requests.

Please submit your morning announcement to the Google From:
http://bit.ly/bhsstudentbulletin

BHS Activities & Events

BHS Website <https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>

Follow @juicethejackets  <https://www.instagram.com/juicethejackets/>

Student Bulletin Archive <http://berkeleyschools.net/leadership/>

Submit a Bulletin <http://bit.ly/bhsstudentbulletin>

------------------------------------

Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, Chaghig Walker, and Charlotte Le Liboux are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS Etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD 2019-2020 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar1920
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/BerkeleyUSDCalendar-K12-2019-20-v6.pdf>

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not
work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email
address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/,
or contact the Etree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net. <bhs-owner at lmi.net>

To *subscribe* to the Etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: subscribe