[BHS Etree] ADMIN: U9 Curbside Term 3 Textbook Pick up

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Oct 7 12:51:17 PDT 2020

Please do not reply to this email. Contact mendelchernack at berkeley.net

Dear U9 Students and Families,

Term 3 Curbside Pick-up: Novels & Textbooks

TUESDAY OCTOBER 13 1:30-3:30 AND THURSDAY OCTOBER 15 1:30-3:30

If you have any questions about Term 3 pick-up, please email Tonia Coleman
<toniacoleman at berkeley.net>, the U9 VP.

If you/your student has English or Advanced Math in term 3, that is 1st,
3rd, or 5th period, please attend during your allotted time and day. We
will have a separate pick-up day in November for students in English or
Advanced Math in term 4 (2nd, 4th, 6th), times TBD.

Schedule:

Tuesday, October 13th 1:30-3:30

English 1 students in these classes: Chernack, Magaña, McKinney

Thursday October 15th 1:30-3:30

English 1 students in these classes: Omwamba, Panebianco, Stevens, Wachtel

Things you will be picking up:

Students with English periods 1, 3, or 5: Our America (novel)

Students with Advanced Math 1 periods 1, 3, or 5: Modules 5 & 6

Anyone who still needs one: Physics: A First Course, & a student planner

1. Reminder of CDC Guidelines
<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html>
and City of Berkeley Shelter-in-place Order
<https://www.cityofberkeley.info/covid-19/>:

   -

   Minimum 6 feet social distancing at all times.
   -

   Must wear face covering.
   -

   If you are sick or symptomatic you must stay home and if you can’t make
   it during your designated time reach out to Tonia Coleman:
   toniacoleman at berkeley.net.

2. How does curbside pick-up work?

Please have the student's first and last name and student ID number written
legibly on paper to hold up and show through your car windshield. Our
volunteers will need to be able to see the first and last name clearly to
get your textbooks at a safe 6ft distance.

   -

   Stop Point 1: Check-in. Wait until a volunteer checks in with you.
   Follow the line forward until your books are ready.

   -

   Stop Point 2: Textbook Pick-up. Materials will be placed on a table or
   chair and you will need to step out of your car to pick up your materials
   from the table in order to maintain a safe, 6ft distance.

   -

   Stop Point 3: Old Textbook Return. If you have any library books or
   textbooks from your middle school please bring them with you when you come
   to pick-up your textbooks. You can drop them off at a table after the stop
   sign at Kittredge.

Please have your student’s first and last name, and student ID#, written
legibly on paper. Phones are too small to read. If you are also looking for
anything from your Term 1 or 2 classes, add the name of the material and
the teacher & class. For example: “First + Last Name, ID# Number, Physics
book”

Please drive slowly.

Watch for other cars pulling in or out.

Watch for volunteers and staff.

At the end of the pick up line, exit straight out on Milvia past the last
station.

FAQs:

-Can I walk up or ride my bike?

Yes. You must wear a mask and maintain social distance from any students or
volunteers. Please be patient as we move between the line of cars and the
in-person line.

-What if I am unable to come at these times?

A BUSD volunteer representative will contact you about bringing materials
to you. Please click on this Task Runner Form Link
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeQ8jGnVhY25xTB-gk18k1vPbCR15I2HzuXQ7mDfmUk5NNwYQ/viewform>.
Please note: A friend or family member over 18 can pick up for you.

 -What if I need school supplies?

Visit the Berkeley Schools Fund Ed Hub
<https://www.berkeleypublicschoolsfund.org/ed-hub/>. There are plenty of
school supply bags for High School students with notebooks, calculators,
compasses and more.

-Where should I go if I need a Chromebook or HotSpot?

Students who cannot have access to another technology device can now
pick-up Chromebooks from the Berkeley Schools Fund Ed Hub
<https://www.berkeleypublicschoolsfund.org/ed-hub/>. Please note that the
chromebook supplies are currently low. There are also a small number of
hotspots for students who are on the free & reduced lunch list.

Reminder:

   -

   Please have your student’s first and last name, and student ID#, written
   legibly on paper to hold up and show through your car windshield. We
   can’t read phones or ID cards.
   -

   Only attend if you have English or Advanced Math during Term 3 (1st,
   3rd, or 5th period).

Thank you,

BHS U9

--
Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, Chaghig Walker, and Charlotte Le Liboux are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions

BHS Etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
BUSD 2020-2021 Calendar: 2020-2021 Calendar
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/2020-21-BUSDCalendar_5.15.19.pdf>
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not
work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email
address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/,
or contact the Etree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net. <bhs-owner at lmi.net>

To *subscribe* to the Etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: subscribe