[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Term 2 Curbside Pick-up: Textbooks, Supplies, and Readers

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Aug 27 16:06:57 PDT 2020

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Tammy Rose, Vice Principal at tammyrose at berkeley.net <mailto:tammyrose at berkeley.net?subject=>.

Dear Students, Families, and Staff,

Re: Term 2 Curbside Pick-up: Textbooks, Supplies, and Readers
August 31-September 11
(*September 7 - schools closed for Labor Day and we will not be open for
curbside pick-up).

If you have any questions about Term 2 pick-up, please email Tammy Rose: tammyrose at berkeley.net <mailto:tammyrose at berkeley.net>.

How do I know if I need to pick-up any materials for Term 2 (Periods 0, 2, 4, and 6)?
Please check this list <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vBN0mzPlTGThPjx1IUuRNUQLT7uFlOaYYs-zGi1c0jA/edit?usp=sharing> to see if there are required materials for your class/teacher. If NONE of your Term 2 classes are listed here on this list <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vBN0mzPlTGThPjx1IUuRNUQLT7uFlOaYYs-zGi1c0jA/edit?usp=sharing>, you do not need to come.
*You only need to come to campus if you have physical textbooks, readers, art supplies, lab supplies, or mathematics materials for Term 2.

1. Reminder of CDC Guidelines <https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html> and City of Berkeley Shelter-in-place Order <https://www.cityofberkeley.info/covid-19/>:
Minimum 6 feet social distancing at all times.
Must wear face covering.
If you are sick or symptomatic you must stay home and if you can’t make it during your designated time reach out to Tammy Rose: tammyrose at berkeley.net <mailto:tammyrose at berkeley.net>.

2. How does curbside pick-up work?
Please have the student's first and last name and student ID number written legibly on paper to hold up and show through your car windshield. Our volunteers will need to be able to see the first and last name clearly to get your textbooks at a safe 6ft distance.
If you have textbooks from last school year please bring them with you when you come to pick-up your textbooks. 9th grade students: you can also drop off any textbooks from your middle schools.

Stop Point 1: Check-in. Wait here until a staff member waves you forward; indicating someone has seen your name and is pulling together your textbooks. PLEASE DO NOT ROLL YOUR WINDOWS DOWN.

Stop Point 2: Textbook Pick-up. Materials will be placed on a table and you will need to step out of your car to pick up your materials from the table in order to maintain a safe, 6ft distance.

Stop Point 3: Old Textbook Return. You can drop off any textbooks from previous years at a table after the stop sign.

Please have your student’s first and last name, and student ID#, written   legibly on paper to hold up and show through your car windshield. If you are also looking for anything from your Term 1 classes, add the name of the material and the teacher & class. For example: “First + Last Name, ID# Number, Mx. Jone’s sketchbook, 3rd Period”

Please drive slowly.
Watch for other cars pulling in or out.
Watch for volunteers and staff.
At the end of the pick up line, exit straight out on Milvia past the last station.

Thank you in advance for your patience with our new textbook process. Some of our orders were back logged and may not have been available previously.

Term 2: Textbook/materials pick-up August 31-September 11 1:30pm-5:30pm
ALL grades, 9th-12th, will be scheduled in alphabetical order. We are not scheduling by specific grade; please look for your last name in the chart below to determine your pick-up date & time. (This will allow siblings to come together.)

(All grades 9th-12th)
Monday
8/31
Tuesday
9/1
Wednesday
9/2
Thursday
9/3
Friday
 9/4
1:30 - 2:30
Ab - Anders
Burn - Chau
Doo - Espin
Grah - Haj
Jok - Kig
2:30 - 3:30
Andr - Barn
Chav - Cont
Espir - Fle
Hal - Herm
Kil - Lai
3:30 - 4:30
Baro - Boj
Cook - Dav
Flo - Garcia
Hern - Humr
Lal - Lit
4:30 - 5:30
Bol - Burm
Day - Don
Gard - Grac
Hun - John
Liu - Marg

(All grades 9th-12th)
Monday
9/7
Tuesday
9/8
Wednesday
9/9
Thursday
9/10
Friday
 9/11
1:30 - 2:30
Closed for
Mari - Mec
Orm - Perez
Sal - Sea
Tol - Vas
2:30 - 3:30
Labor Day
Med - Mond
Perr - Rai
See - Smy
Vav - Welle
3:30 - 4:30

Monr - Naf
Raj - Robe
Sn - Sull
Wells - Wong
4:30 - 5:30

Nag - Org
Robin - Sak
Sum - Toc
Wongm - Z

FAQs:
 -What if I need school supplies?
Visit the Berkeley Schools Fund Ed Hub <https://www.berkeleypublicschoolsfund.org/ed-hub/>. There are plenty of school supply bags for High School students with notebooks, calculators, compasses and more.

-What if I am unable to come in a car?
A BUSD volunteer representative will contact you about bringing materials to you. Please click on this Task Runner Form Link <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeQ8jGnVhY25xTB-gk18k1vPbCR15I2HzuXQ7mDfmUk5NNwYQ/viewform>. Please use this as a last resort as we have limited capacity. Please note: A friend or family member over 18 can pick up for you.

-Where should I go if I need a Chromebook?
Students who cannot have access to another technology device can now pick-up Chromebooks from the Berkeley Schools Fund Ed Hub <https://www.berkeleypublicschoolsfund.org/ed-hub/>. Please note that the chromebook supplies are currently low. There are also a small number of hotspots for students who are on the free & reduced lunch list.

Reminder:
Please have your student’s first and last name, and student ID#, written legibly on paper to hold up and show through your car windshield. If you are looking for a specific item only, add the name of the material and the teacher & class. For example: “First + Last Name, ID# Number, Mx. Jone’s sketchbook, 3rd Period”

Thank you,
Tammy Rose

Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, Chaghig Walker, and Charlotte Le Liboux are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS Etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/ <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
BHS website: http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/ <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
BUSD 2020-2021 Calendar: 2020-2021 Calendar <https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/2020-21-BUSDCalendar_5.15.19.pdf>
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy <http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy>

To unsubscribe from the Etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/ <http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/>, or contact the Etree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net. <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>