[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Welcome Class of 2024! 9th Grade Virtual Orientation, Aug. 14 (Fri)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Aug 7 14:58:15 PDT 2020

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Mr. V,
johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net <johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net?subject=>.

Hello Fellow Yellow Jacket Families!

We are very excited that your student will be attending Berkeley High
School and we look forward to seeing them at our virtual 9th Grade
Orientation Day on the afternoon of *Friday, August 14*. Although the
school campus is not fully open yet and distance learning continues, we are
still able to get your 9th grader off to a great start with our Link Crew
Program!

WHAT IS LINK CREW?

Link Crew is a nationwide program designed to welcome and support 9th
graders by connecting them with Link Leaders, who are positive,
responsible, kind 11th and 12th graders. Your student’s Link Leaders will
help them feel more comfortable as well as help them achieve success in
their first year of high school.

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?

   1. Your students will receive an emailed invitation to orientation. If
   they have not received the email by *the morning of August 14*, please
   email Mr. V at *johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net*
   <johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net?subject=> to request one;
   2. A day or so before orientation, your student will also receive an
   email and possibly a phone call from their Link Crew Leader personally
   inviting them to orientation, and giving the details of how to virtually
   join and at what time. The Leaders can also answer any questions they may
   have.
   3. On orientation day, your student will meet their Link Leaders and a
   small group of other 9th graders via Google Meet.
   4. In order for your student to maximize their experience, if possible,
   we recommend that they use a computer with a camera rather than a tablet or
   smartphone for this meeting. If you need tech support with Google
Meet, please
   visit our BUSD DigiTech support site
   <https://sites.google.com/berkeley.net/digitech/distance-learning-professional-development/google-meet-support>
   .

As much as you may want to join in or watch over the shoulder of your
student, this 9th grade orientation is for students only! For the most
up-to-date information, please visit the BHS main website
<https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/> where you can find out about student
clubs
<https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/student-activities-3/berkeley-high-clubs/>
, athletics <https://sites.google.com/berkeley.net/bhsathletics/home>,
post-high school resources
<https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/resources/college-career-center/>, &
updates about school news.

UNABLE TO ATTEND?

If your student is unable to attend on August 14, we are tentatively
planning to host a make-up orientation date during the first two weeks of
school. We will contact the 9th Graders once that date is established.

We look forward to a great orientation day!

Go Jackets!

The Berkeley High Link Leaders and Coordinator

_____________________________

Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, Charlotte Le Liboux, and Chaghig Walker are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the E-tree; please direct any questions
about the E-tree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <bhs-owner at lmi.net?subject=>.

BHS E-tree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD 2019-2020 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar1920
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/BerkeleyUSDCalendar-K12-2019-20-v6.pdf>

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

<bhs-request at lmi.net?subject=> with one word only in the subject line:
*unsubscribe*.  The request must be sent from the email address that is
subscribed to the list.  If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom
of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:
http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/, or contact the e-tree moderators
at bhs-owner at lmi.net <bhs-owner at lmi.net?subject=>.

<bhs-request at lmi.net?subject=> with one word only in the subject line:
*subscribe*