[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Locker Clean Out & Book/Equipment Return Information

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon May 25 20:51:23 PDT 2020

PLEASE do not reply to this email.

Dear Students,

We hope you are doing OK and making the best of this holiday weekend.

Tomorrow is the first day of our week-long locker clean out and
textbook/library book return process. Please review the message below that
was sent out on May 13 for your assigned day and time, as well as important
safety information. We are also including updated information regarding
athletic equipment return. See below.

We miss you and look forward to seeing many of you from a safe distance
over the next week!

Mr. Rok

Dear Students,

We miss you and we hope that you are finding ways to cope with the
challenges of sheltering in place.  We know it has been difficult!

Many of you have been asking about retrieving items from your locker, and
we have been working on a plan.  Due to the current school closure, we will
have a one week period at the end of May when students may come to campus
to clean out lockers, collect personal belongings, and return library and
textbooks, from May 26 - June 2. In order to maintain health and safety and
limit the number of individuals on campus at a given time, students will
follow a staggered schedule and may come to campus at designated times
based on grade level and last name. Please review the ‘locker clean out
schedule’ linked here
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k6igvTNDbHfLI4KdC5RpTthTtQR4my0V/view?usp=sharing>
and attached at the end of this message for your assigned date and time.

As always, please follow these familiar guidelines when coming to campus:

   -

   If you are sick or symptomatic, stay home.
   -

   Wash your hands before coming to campus. School restrooms will be open
   for handwashing on campus.
   -

   All individuals entering the campus will be required to wear a face
   covering.
   -

   Maintain a minimum of 6 feet social distancing at all times.

Students will enter and exit at the Kittredge doors (Kittredge and Milvia
St.). There will be a library and textbook drop-off box located at the
Kittredge entrance for all students to return books. Art teachers will
reach out to their students with specific guidelines for picking up and
returning projects and materials. School safety officers will be present on
campus to ensure health and safety practices and provide assistance.

Thank you for your cooperation and support as we find new ways of working
together as a community and adapt to change. Stay strong, and stay healthy!

Sincerely,

Kiernan Rok

Dean of Students

Athletics Equipment pick up & drop off

What: BHS Athletics gear drop-off and pickup.

   -

   Drop-off uniforms and school-owned gear
   -

   Pick-up end-of-year certificates, Varsity Block B's (for senior varsity
   players only), personal items in team locker rooms

When: 11AM to 2PM, Tues 5/26 through Tue 6/2 (excluding the weekend)

   -

   Please come on the day you are scheduled for textbook drop-off and
   locker cleanup

Where: Milvia & Durant St. at the entrance to the Athletic Plaza - between
the softball field and the M-Gym

   -

   We will adhere to proper social distancing requirements.
   -

   Please wear a mask; there will be markers to help you stay 6 feet apart.

Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, and Chaghig Walker are the parent-volunteer
facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to
them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS Etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD 2019-2020 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar1920
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/BerkeleyUSDCalendar-K12-2019-20-v6.pdf>

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy