[BHS Etree] COLLEGE/CAREER: JUNIORS: UC Personal Insight Question Webinar NEW DATE

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue May 12 14:16:44 PDT 2020

Please do not reply to this email. If you have questions, please email:  juliamaciel at berkeley.edu <mailto:juliamaciel at berkeley.edu>

Hello Again Berkeley High Juniors and Families,

I hope this email finds you well. Upon request from parents and students on changing the date for the UC Personal Insight Question Webinar due to AP exams, I have modified the webinar date to Tuesday, May 19th, 2020 from 5:00 - 6:30 pm via Zoom. I hope this new date is more convenient for you all to attend.

For folks that do not know, the Personal Insight Questions are the required essay prompts for the UC, and they are pivotal for admission to a University of California campus, and I want to ensure that Juniors know how to approach these questions successfully. If you are interested, please sign up at  <http://goog_1380688976/>tinyurl.com/UCPIQWebinar <http://tinyurl.com/UCPIQWebinar>.

After we have received a response from you, you will receive an email and calendar invitation to the Zoom meeting within the next day. Please sign up by Monday, May 18, 2020 to give us ample time to send you the invitation. If you have already submitted an RSVP form for the previous date you will receive an updated calendar invite by Wednesday, May 13th, therefore there is no need to submit a new one.

Family members are heavily encouraged to participate in these Zoom meetings. Participants will be muted; however, you are encouraged to ask questions in the chat boxes and we will happily answer them.

Lastly, if you have any questions or concerns about this event or college-related questions, please email me directly at juliamaciel at berkeley.net <mailto:juliamaciel at berkeley.net> or juliamaciel at berkeley.edu <mailto:juliamaciel at berkeley.edu>

Sincerely,

Julia Maciel
College Adviser Fellow
Berkeley High School
University of California Berkeley
Destination College Advising Corps
pronouns: she/her/hers
google voice number: (510) 394-4431
Office Hours: Mon-Thurs  9:00 am - 5:00 pm
email: juliamaciel at berkeley.edu <mailto:juliamaciel at berkeley.edu>

Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, and Chaghig Walker are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net?subject=>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/ <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
BHS website: http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/ <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
BUSD 2019-2020 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar1920 <https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/BerkeleyUSDCalendar-K12-2019-20-v6.pdf>
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy <http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy>

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net?subject=> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/ <http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/>, or contact the e-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net?subject=>.