[BHS Etree] SENIORS: Virtual Graduation & Class of 2020 Updates

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu May 7 14:47:37 PDT 2020

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Mr. V,
johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net.

Please note that the drive thru cap & gown pick-up is now May 15th!!!

Please contact Achievers directly to order graduation items or make an
adjustment to your existing order.

Hello Fellow Yellow Jackets,

The Class of 2020 will have First Ever Virtual Graduation on June 12 @ 5:30
PM

Seniors, we are proud of you and admire you for your effort along the
journey that has brought you to the precipice of graduation. We have
bittersweet news to share with you regarding the Class of 2020 graduation.
We plan to honor and recognize your achievements with a virtual graduation
to be broadcasted on June 12. Given the social distancing measures that are
in place through May and potentially longer, it has made planning any large
gathering inconceivable. This is not the celebration we imagined for you,
but it does present an opportunity for everyone near and far to gather
safely in your honor.

In the next week, we will share details on how students can personalize
this virtual experience to make it more meaningful. For now, please plan to
wear the cap, gown, and tassel in any uploaded content. See below for
details on picking up the cap & gown or other graduation items.

NOTE: This virtual graduation will be uploaded to YouTube. All photos,
videos and messages will be reviewed before being added to the virtual
ceremony. If you wish to have your name read, but no images included, this
should be a choice as well. We may need to amend posting guidelines at a
later date.

Understandably, this may be difficult information to digest. Feel free to
contact me, your favorite BHS staff member or counselor to process.

Cap & Gown Drive Thru Pick-Up will be Friday, May 15

Using the schedule below, Achievers Inc. will pass out your graduation
order on Milvia between Kittredge and Bancroft.

Achievers Inc. will arrange for a DRIVE-THRU cap & gown pick-up on FRIDAY,
MAY 15. Achievers Inc. and BHS will send regular reminders about the
schedule for pickup or if anything changes about the exact location. Please
drive safely and be aware of your surroundings.

***IMPORTANT NOTICE***

Please practice social distancing by picking up your items during the
assigned hour based on your last name. Please do not stay around to
socialize as we wish to minimize exposure for the staff and volunteers at
the pick-up location. They will be wearing gloves and masks as a safety
precaution.

FRIDAY, MAY 15th on MILVIA between KITTREDGE & BANCROFT

   -

   9 - 10 am LAST NAMES A-F
   -

   10 - 11 am LAST NAMES G-L
   -

   11 - 12 pm LAST NAMES M-R
   -

   1 - 2 pm LAST NAMES S-Z

If you have any questions about cap & gown orders, want to ensure a RED or
GOLD cap & gown, purchase a class ring or other grad items, please contact
Achievers Inc. immediately.

info at achievers-inc.com

408.441.7200

www.graduationorder.com website password: bhs510

2020 Grad Signs Available for Pick-Up at the Cap Gown Pick-Up

Thank you to the BHS Development Group & Marcus Design for the awesome
Class of 2020 grad sign. Please take one to represent your Class of 2020!
We plan to have a group of volunteers a short distance away from the
Achievers Inc. tables to distribute a sign to you in your car. Please drive
safe and practice social distancing measures.

Class of 2020 Senior Shirts <https://bit.ly/BHS2020SENIORSHIRTS> are
available for purchase today!!!

Available for sale from today until MAY 22 (midnight)

bit.ly/BHS2020SENIORSHIRTS

For $15 with shipping and handling at an additional cost.

T-shirts will be shipped out a week or so after sales end on May 22.

Please expect the t-shirts no earlier than June 1.

Gratitude to Marcus Design for the logo and theme idea.

Gratitude to Alliance Graphics for making this sale happen on short notice.

2020 DIPLOMA - CHANGE OF ADDRESS? CHANGE OF NAME?

Diplomas will eventually be mailed out over the summer so please update
your mailing address and name only if anything has recently changed.

We are using all information from your Illuminate file for the name and
mailing address.

Before May 27, please contact Mrs. Mellion to request a change
bhsregistrar at berkeley.net.

Thank you Seniors & Senior Supporters!!!

-----------------------------------

Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, and Chaghig Walker are the parent-volunteer
facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to
them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS Etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD 2019-2020 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar1920
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/BerkeleyUSDCalendar-K12-2019-20-v6.pdf>

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not
work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email
address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/,
or contact the Etree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net. <bhs-owner at lmi.net>

To *subscribe* to the Etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: subscribe