[BHS Etree] COLLEGE/CAREER: College 101 Webinar for Ninth & Tenth Grade Students and Families

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Apr 28 17:23:56 PDT 2020

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Julia Maciel at
juliamaciel at berkeley.net <juliamaciel at berkeley.net?subject=>.

Hello Berkeley High Ninth & Tenth Grade Students and Families,

This is Ms. Julia, the College Adviser at Berkeley High School.  I hope you
are all staying safe in dealing with the COVID-19 outbreak, and I wanted to
share a resource for all of you to take advantage of regarding the *college
application process*.

I will be hosting a *College 101 Webinar for Ninth & Tenth Grade Students
and Families* to participate in, which will be held on *Wednesday, May 6,
2020* from *5:00 PM to 6:30 PM* via *Zoom*.  If you are interested,
please *sign
up* at *tinyurl.com/college101zoom* <http://tinyurl.com/college101zoom>.
We will be going over everything you need to know about the college
application process.

After we have received a response from you, you will receive an *email and
calendar invitation to the Zoom meeting* within the next day.  *Please sign
up by Tuesday, May 5, 2020* to give us ample time to send you the
invitation.

Family members are heavily encouraged to participate in these Zoom
meetings. Participants will be muted; however, you are encouraged to ask
questions in the chat boxes and we will happily answer them.

Lastly, if you have any college-related questions, please email me directly
at *juliamaciel at berkeley.net* <juliamaciel at berkeley.net?subject=> or
*juliamaciel at berkeley.edu* <juliamaciel at berkeley.edu?subject=>.

*Julia Maciel *
*College Adviser Fellow *
*Berkeley High School*
*University of California Berkeley*
*Destination College Advising Corps*
pronouns:* she/her/hers*
google voice number: (510) 394-4431
Office Hours: Mon-Thurs  9:00 am - 5:00 pm
email: juliamaciel at berkeley.edu

_____________________________

Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, and Chaghig Walker are the parent-volunteer
facilitators of the E-tree; please direct any questions about the E-tree to
them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <bhs-owner at lmi.net?subject=>.

BHS E-tree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD 2019-2020 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar1920
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/BerkeleyUSDCalendar-K12-2019-20-v6.pdf>

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

<bhs-request at lmi.net?subject=> with one word only in the subject line:
*unsubscribe*.  The request must be sent from the email address that is
subscribed to the list.  If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom
of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:
http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/, or contact the e-tree moderators
at bhs-owner at lmi.net <bhs-owner at lmi.net?subject=>.

<bhs-request at lmi.net?subject=> with one word only in the subject line:
*subscribe*