[BHS Etree] PTSA: Meeting on Sexual Violence Prevention Apr. 21 (Tue)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Apr 20 18:12:32 PDT 2020

PLEASE do not reply to this email; if you have questions contact mimipulich at yahoo.com <mailto:mimipulich at yahoo.com> or rohlsson30 at gmail.com <mailto:rohlsson30 at gmail.com>

Hello,

You are invited to a Zoom webinar.
When: Apr 21, 2020 06:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Berkeley High PTSA April Meeting

Please click the link below to join the webinar:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82596911712 <https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82596911712>

Or iPhone one-tap :
    US: +16699009128,,82596911712#  or +13462487799,,82596911712#
Or Telephone:
        US: +1 669 900 9128  or +1 346 248 7799  or +1 253 215 8782  or +1 301 715 8592  or +1 312 626 6799  or +1 646 558 8656
    Webinar ID: 825 9691 1712
    International numbers available: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbE8EVivHS <https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbE8EVivHS>

MEETING AGENDA:
6:30 - PTSA Intro
6:40 - BHS Green Dot student presentation
7:00 - Naomi Tucker presentation

Please take this 1 minute PTSA parent survey on sexual violence and harassment at BHS. https://forms.gle/LKoPmNAAyRWq5otV8 <https://forms.gle/LKoPmNAAyRWq5otV8>
In the survey you may optionally submit a question to the presenters.

Green Dot is a bystander training program for BHS students who are socially influential in various groups around campus. Understanding how to intervene in situations of sexual harassment, assault, bullying and partner violence enables Green Dot ambassadors to do the right thing if the situation presents itself.

Naomi Tucker is a BHS parent alumni who has been in violence prevention education for 30 years. Her presentation will help parents better understand abuse prevention among teenagers and equip them with tips to have successful conversations with teens.

We hope you can join us.

The BHS PTSA (Parent Teacher Student Association)

Please read the following carefully before the meeting:
If you haven’t already downloaded Zoom onto your computer, the link will automatically direct you to download it. The process is very quick. It’s a bit more involved if you do it from your smart phone - please plan on a few minutes to do that.
Please note that it’s a Zoom Webinar, not a Zoom Meeting. This means it is more structured, and you’re automatically on mute until called on, as described below. The meeting will need to be less free-flowing than our regular in-person meetings. This is our brave new world!
Tom Killilea, our PTA Council webmaster, will be the “host" and will manage everything invisibly behind the scenes.
I will moderate the webinar, and a limited number of “panelists” will be able to speak and share their presentation.
All the other audience participants will automatically be on mute. There is a chat feature that enables participants to ask questions or make comments.  We will save these until the end of the presentation.
If you have any urgent Zoom tech questions or agenda-related questions during the meeting, please use the Chat function at bottom.
I hope there aren’t any major glitches, but if there are, let’s all be patient and forgiving, and learn for next time.

Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, and Chaghig Walker are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net?subject=>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/ <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
BHS website: http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/ <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
BUSD 2019-2020 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar1920 <https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/BerkeleyUSDCalendar-K12-2019-20-v6.pdf>
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy <http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy>

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net?subject=> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/ <http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/>, or contact the e-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net?subject=>.