[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Advanced Placement (AP) Updates

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Mar 31 08:04:04 PDT 2020

Please do not reply to this email. If you have questions, please email: aptestcoordinator at berkeley.net <>

March 30, 2019

Dear Students and Families,

We are working with the College Board to get and effectively communicate information regarding this year's AP test and format to students and families. This information will cover the modified format, extended time accommodations, and cancellation information. Please read the AP test FAQ for our most up to date information and look for our future communications on this matter.

Advanced Placement (AP) testing:
Please check out the most recent update from the College Board <https://apcentral-preview.collegeboard.org/about-ap/news-changes/coronavirus-update> today.  Some highlights below:
Free AP Review Classes <https://apstudents.collegeboard.org/coronavirus-updates#free-ap-classes>
On Wednesday, March 25, students could begin using free, live AP review courses, delivered by AP teachers from across the country through the College Board. These courses:

Are optional, mobile-friendly, and can be used alongside any work your teacher may give you.
Will be available on-demand, so you can access them any time.
Will focus on reviewing the skills and concepts from the first 75% of the course. There will also be some supplementary lessons including topics from the final 25% of the course.
To access the live classes and recordings, visit the AP YouTube channel <https://www.youtube.com/advancedplacement> or find your course schedule below. The College Board will be adding more courses soon.
Download the daily schedule for 32 courses <https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/pdf/ap-class-schedule-daily.pdf> (.pdf/151 KB).

Traditional face-to-face exam administrations will not take place per the College Board, exams will be taken at home.
The full exam schedule, specific free-response question types that will be on each AP Exam, and additional testing details will be available by April 3. Look for more details after spring break and once we receive new information.

We will update you with more specifics from the College Board as they become available. Though this change to remote exams marks a big change in formatting from traditional tests, we are committed to working with students, families, and the College Board to ensure that our students who wish to have access to the AP credits that they have worked hard for in the course of their high school careers. Please continue to read these messages so that you may be apprised of all of the relevant information that we can offer. If you have further questions, please email aptestcoordinator at berkeley.net <>.

Refer to BHS’ AP FAQ <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uWoQzjGUSpqy7exsUWHMKgrt52t24EI2lwIHWmlI6ZA/edit?usp=sharing> for answers to the most common questions and we will update information as we receive it from the College Board.
Thank you.

Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, and Chaghig Walker are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net?subject=>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/ <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
BHS website: http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/ <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
BUSD 2019-2020 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar1920 <https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/BerkeleyUSDCalendar-K12-2019-20-v6.pdf>
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy <http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy>

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net?subject=> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/ <http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/>, or contact the e-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net?subject=>.