[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Closure Mini-Update, March 18 (Wed)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Mar 18 10:02:46 PDT 2020

PLEASE do not reply to this email.

Good morning everyone,

I know we are very much reeling from the Governor's press conference
<https://www.sacbee.com/news/coronavirus/article241289416.html> yesterday
in which he shared news that schools may not open before summer break.
This news has raised our already-high levels of anxiety and stress, and
also brought up many more questions that we are working hard to answer.  I
have several calls scheduled today and I will communicate out with as many
answers and as much clarity as I can throughout the day and week.

In the meantime, I want to share some important information and resources:

1) We are working on scheduling chromebook distribution, beginning tomorrow
at BHS with students who receive Free and Reduced Price Lunch.  We have
notified those families and are following up with them directly.  Further
distribution info to come.

2) Here is the link
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/2020/03/revised-breakfast-and-lunch-distribution-schedule-horario-modificado-acerca-de-la-distribucion-de-desayuno-y-almuerzo/>
to our revised meal pick-up schedule for BUSD.

3) Here is a link
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P5OviraJnBkzAkcGtIUv5KQn7a2tZVFnIVsLOXTX7QA/edit?usp=sharing>
to many different kinds of resources that our BHS admin team has put
together.

That's what I have for this morning.  More to come, and stay safe and
healthy as we navigate this together as a community.

Take good care,

Erin

_____________________________

Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, and Chaghig Walker are the parent-volunteer
facilitators of the E-tree; please direct any questions about the E-tree to
them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <bhs-owner at lmi.net?subject=>.

BHS E-tree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD 2019-2020 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar1920
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/BerkeleyUSDCalendar-K12-2019-20-v6.pdf>

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

<bhs-request at lmi.net?subject=> with one word only in the subject line:
*unsubscribe*.  The request must be sent from the email address that is
subscribed to the list.  If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom
of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:
http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/, or contact the e-tree moderators
at bhs-owner at lmi.net <bhs-owner at lmi.net?subject=>.

<bhs-request at lmi.net?subject=> with one word only in the subject line:
*subscribe*