[BHS Etree] COLLEGE/CAREER: Latina Youth Leadership at UC Berkeley, Mar. 21 (Sat)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Mar 2 15:23:42 PST 2020

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Mary Jacobs in CCC at
maryjacobs at berkeley.net or

Yareli at lylc.berkeleylambdas at gmail.com.

For Girls in Grades 9-12: Latina Youth Leadership at UC Berkeley on March
21, 2020

For over a decade, Lambda Theta Nu Sorority, Incorporated has been hosting
the Latina Youth Leadership Conference. The purpose of the conference is to
expose young Latina ladies to the realities of higher education and what
some of the paths are. We also like to emphasize the importance of having
women of color on campus and having their needs met.

This year we will be hosting the Latina Youth Leadership Conference on
March 21st, 2020 on the UC Berkeley Campus. The theme this year is "The
Words You Give" which represents the value of words and advice we receive
but also speaking things into existence.

* focus on the topics of A-G requirements and Financial Aid

* student panel for the girls to learn about the organization and college
life

* parent panel and the experience of students who stay local and those who
go to school away from home.

Please see attachments for registration and schedules.

Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, and Chaghig Walker are the parent-volunteer
facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to
them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS Etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD 2019-2020 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar1920
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/BerkeleyUSDCalendar-K12-2019-20-v6.pdf>

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy