[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Fire Evacuation at BHS today - all is well

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Feb 28 12:00:34 PST 2020

PLEASE do not reply to this email.

Good afternoon families,

I want to let you know that today, during a large chunk of 3rd period, we had a fire evacuation.  Here's what we know about what happened:  someone set a toilet paper roll on fire in a stall in the boys' bathroom on C3 and locked the stall.  A student quickly alerted staff, and we all owe a HUGE thanks to teacher Hasmig Minassian who managed to get into the stall and put out the roll with an extinguisher.  The fire department had us hold C3 and C4 classes outside for a longer time while we ventilated those floors as best as we could, but students were all returned to classes before lunch.  I'm deeply appreciative of their patience as they waited and also thankful for our safety staff and admin team who worked hard to manage both the evacuation and return to classes.

Thank you everyone - I will be writing again soon to address some questions and concerns about coronavirus as well as with updates around our response to the sexual harm issues we have been working on over the last few weeks.  Regarding the coronavirus, I do hope that you all received the district-wide communication this week and I expect that there will be more  district communication to come.

Erin

Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, and Chaghig Walker are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net?subject=>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/ <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
BHS website: http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/ <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
BUSD 2019-2020 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar1920 <https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/BerkeleyUSDCalendar-K12-2019-20-v6.pdf>
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy <http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy>

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net?subject=> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/ <http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/>, or contact the e-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net?subject=>.