[BHS Etree] ADMIN: REMINDER - Open House Night - Important Information - Feb. 6 (Thu)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Feb 4 12:43:21 PST 2020

PLEASE do not reply to this email. Contact Juan Raygoza, Vice Principal, at
juanraygoza at berkeley.net <juanraygoza at berkeley.net?subject=> if you have
any questions.

As a reminder, we look forward to welcoming BHS families during our annual
Open House Night on Thursday, February 6th!

*All BHS families are invited to attend Open House!  Since our focus, for
the second year in a row, will be geared towards* *9th grade families
learning about our five Small Learning Communities (SLCs) before their
students enter the lottery for 10th grade*, *SLC and Department teachers
will be available in showcase locations to talk and answer questions, as
well as display student work. *

*We are also strongly encouraging all 9th grade families to attend the SLC
Assembly starting at 6:00pm in the Community Theatre.  This will be your
opportunity to hear from all SLC teachers and students in one location
before visiting the different showcases. *

We are maintaining a traditional bell schedule (please see below) for the
evening which will still allow you to visit all of your student’s teachers
in order of their classes if you wish to do so, even if those teachers are
in showcase locations and not in their classrooms.  However, all families
are free to visit SLC and Department showcases at any time and for as long
as they wish.  Most, but not all, teachers will be in showcases.

SLC and Department showcases will take place at various locations on campus
and will run throughout the evening.  All 9th Grade families will receive
more details about showcase locations at the SLC Assembly which starts
promptly at 6:00pm.  All 10th-12th grade families can also grab a showcase
locations handout at the Food Court starting at 5:30pm.

*IMPORTANT: Due to the change from a traditional to showcase structure of
Open House, it is possible that many or all of your child’s teachers will
be in a showcase location rather than their regular classrooms.
Regardless, they will still be available to talk to you about your child
and their class.  Please feel free to contact your student’s teachers to
confirm whether they will be in their classrooms or in an SLC or Department
showcase location during Open House in order to save you time as you walk
around campus.  We are also asking teachers to inform their students and
families of their plan for Open House before the event. *

Here is the schedule for the evening:

5:30pm

Families can drop by the Food Court (D Building - 1st Floor) to pick up
student schedules, showcase locations, bell schedule, and campus map

6:00pm

Small Learning Communities (SLC) Assembly in the Community Theatre (For U9
Families and Students)

6:45pm

Zero Period Begins

7:00pm

1st Period Begins

Here is the bell schedule:

*Period*

*Start*

*End*

Small Learning Communities (SLC) Assembly in the Community Theatre

(For U9 Families and Students)

6:00pm

6:45pm

0

6:45pm

6:55pm

1

7:00pm

7:10pm

2

7:16pm

7:28pm

Includes evening announcement

3

7:34pm

7:44pm

4

7:50pm

8:00pm

5

8:06pm

8:16pm

6

8:22pm

8:32pm

7

8:38pm

8:48pm

*REMINDER: Small Learning Communities (SLCs) and Departments will be
holding showcases, at various locations, from 7:00pm to 8:32pm. *

We look forward to seeing you on the BHS campus.

Thank you.

_____________________________

Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, and Chaghig Walker are the parent-volunteer
facilitators of the E-tree; please direct any questions about the E-tree to
them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <bhs-owner at lmi.net?subject=>.

BHS E-tree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD 2019-2020 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar1920
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/BerkeleyUSDCalendar-K12-2019-20-v6.pdf>

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

<bhs-request at lmi.net?subject=> with one word only in the subject line:
*unsubscribe*.  The request must be sent from the email address that is
subscribed to the list.  If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom
of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:
http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/, or contact the e-tree moderators
at bhs-owner at lmi.net <bhs-owner at lmi.net?subject=>.

<bhs-request at lmi.net?subject=> with one word only in the subject line:
*subscribe*