[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Jan. 15 (Wed)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Jan 15 14:42:55 PST 2020

PLEASE do not reply to this email. Announcements are reviewed in the BHS
Main Office by Vice Principal Tammy Rose
bhsmorningannouncements at berkeley.net
<bhsmorningannouncements at berkeley.net?subject=>.

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

New *waste sorting stations *have been added in hallways!  Please try to
sort your waste properly, and if you're not sure where something goes, put
it in the garbage instead of contaminating the compost or recycling.  In
addition, the bins in bathrooms are now for composting paper towels!
Please bring all other waste out to garbage bins in the hall, until smaller
garbage bins are added to the restrooms.

Do you have questions about how to sort your waste? Go to
https://www.resourcefulapp.com/berkeley for answers and to download the app.

Today! Welcome! Bienvenue! to the *French Club* meeting during lunch today
in C102, Madame Chenault's classroom.  Fine French cheeses, brownies,
French bread, and a bit of French frivolity!  All welcome!

Want to create illustrations that are published every other week? *Jacket
illustration* is currently accepting applications until Friday, January
17th. You can find the application on the Berkeley high website. Come join
our community of BHS artists.

This Friday, January 17th, join *BHS Climate Activists* and other Berkeley
High students at a Resiliency Village in Oakland.  We will meet at Civic
Center Park after 1st period ends, and take BART to Oscar Grant/Frank Ogawa
Plaza for this climate action event that is from 10 am to 1 pm.  Go to
http://youthvsapocalypse.org/ for more information.  This is not an
officially sponsored school event and absences will not be cleared or
excused by the school.  This is a national event run and hosted Youth vs.
Apocalypse, Mycelium Youth Network, Homefulness, and Anti Police Terror
Project.  Climate change is still a threat, and everyone must do their
part, together.

Have you taken the *SAT/ACT* already? Are you planning on taking the test
this year?  If you answered yes to either of these questions, this message
is for you!  Junior class leadership is organizing an *SAT/ACT book drive*
to make FREE test prep resources more accessible.  If you have extra or
used test prep books, you can donate them to our book drive!  Books can be
dropped off in the leadership office (D148).

Stressed out by upcoming finals? Need to get unexcused absences removed
from your attendance record?

*Come to a mindfulness class Tuesday afternoons!*

You can learn how to calm your nerves, avoid drama, and keep your cool.

We will be there from 3:45 to 4:30 in C134, every Tuesday, from now until
the end of the year.

Hey Berkeley High!* The Black Student Union* will be hosting a talent show
in honor of Black History Month on February 19th in the Little Theater.
Start preparing your songs, poetry, choreography, or another talent now
because auditions will be held in the dance room (E200) on January 23rd at
1:00PM.  Reach out to Mr. Pritchard in H214, Kaileea also known as KK, or
come to our meeting next Tuesday at lunch in Room H214.  We will be
accepting drop-in tryouts as well.  *Again, auditions for the Talent Show
are on January 23rd*. Hope to see you there!

**Concert by Brown University A Cappella Group! This Friday at 6pm.*

Visiting from Brown University, the Higher Keys a cappella group are
performing a concert at Berkeley High, opened by Berkeley High's only
student-run a cappella group, the Hot Pitches. The Higher Keys will do
a one-night concert this Friday, January 17th, in Room A201. Tickets are $5
for students and $10-20 pay-what-you-wish for general admission, and can be
purchased at the door or online at higherkeysbhs.bpt.me. See Mr.Winer with
any questions.

*Audition for the *BHS Spring Mini Musicals*!! This spring, the production
team that brought Carrie the Musical to Berkeley High last year, is
returning to produce three mini musicals that all examine what it's like to
be a young person through family life, relationships, school and
society.  *Auditions
are January 29th and 31st* and sign up sheets are in the C gallery, A
building and outside the CCC. Please prepare a one minute monologue and a
one to two minute contemporary musical theater song.  All experience levels
are welcome.  Hope to see you all at auditions!!

Do you want to write about a subject you love for the *Berkeley High Jacket*?
Our award winning student-run newspaper is now accepting applications for
columnists for the second semester. To apply to write a weekly column on a
theme of your choice go to bhsjacket.com/apply or email
evieberg at students.berkeley.net <evieberg at students.berkeley.net?subject=>
for more questions.

The* Wrestling team* will be hosting the final home match of the year this
Thursday, January 16, in the M gym.  They will be facing San Lorenzo and
Castro Valley.  Come out and support for this year's senior night.
Wrestling starts at 5pm and admission is free.

*Open Gym*~- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6pm-8pm in the M-Gym

Open gym is open to all interested in playing boys volleyball and is a good
opportunity to get in shape, learn the game, and shake off the rust before
February 10th. *No open gym this Thursday, January 16, due to the wrestling
match.*

Also, we are hoping to run a full JV program this season to compliment our
varsity program.  Sign-ups will determine whether or not we can run two
teams so tell your friends!  For information, please email coach Mike
Hudley at hudley24 at gmail.com <hudley24 at gmail.com?subject=>.

Go Jackets!

_____________________________

Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, and Chaghig Walker are the parent-volunteer
facilitators of the E-tree; please direct any questions about the E-tree to
them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <bhs-owner at lmi.net?subject=>.

BHS E-tree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD 2019-2020 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar1920
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/BerkeleyUSDCalendar-K12-2019-20-v6.pdf>

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

<bhs-request at lmi.net?subject=> with one word only in the subject line:
*unsubscribe*.  The request must be sent from the email address that is
subscribed to the list.  If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom
of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:
http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/, or contact the e-tree moderators
at bhs-owner at lmi.net <bhs-owner at lmi.net?subject=>.

<bhs-request at lmi.net?subject=> with one word only in the subject line:
*subscribe*