[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Summer PE waivers due Sep. 13 (Fri) and Fall PE waiver information
bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Sep 4 14:47:29 PDT 2019
PLEASE do not reply to this email: stop by the counseling office or email: pewaivers at berkeley.net <mailto:pewaivers at berkeley.net>
Summer waivers: FINAL signatures are due on Friday, September 13, 2019 to the counseling office in the D-building.
FALL 2019 • PE WAIVERS:
***Waivers are not electronic, you must pick up a hard copy in the BHS counseling office***
1. Fill out Parts 1 & 2 of the waiver.
2. Have your coach fill out part 3 only do not have them fill out part 4 yet. Have your coach write the letter.
a. Letter Requirements:
i. MUST be on letterhead
ii. Your name and the date
iii. Your coach’s contact information
iv. Assurance that you are meeting state physical standards and competencies through the activity
v. The specific number of hours you will be doing the activity - a minimum of 60
vi. The coach/director who writes and signs the letter MUST also sign the waiver at the beginning of the semester & at the end.
*Remember all coach signatures must be by the same coach.
3. Must provide proof of registration and/or billing statement from the organization where you plan to complete your PE credits requirement. The registration must be current to spring 2019 and must have the student’s name showing he/she is registered.
4. Bring your proof and waiver to the Counseling Office no later than Friday, October 4, 2019. We will give you back your yellow copy. Do not lose it, you will not be provided with another copy.
5. Once you have completed your hours, have the same coach sign the yellow copy of the waiver (part 4). Bring the waiver to the counseling office by Friday, January 10, 2020.
6. Remember, your activity must:
· Be a structured athletic program or a competitive (state-sponsored) team sport.
·Include at least five hours of structured activities per week -- at least 60 hours for the semester.
* At present, the Berkeley YMCA is the only gym with a BHS PE waiver. You can reach them at 510-665-3242.
If your student is participating in a BHS Athletic Team (ie: LAX, Basketball, Football, Soccer, Baseball, etc.) they will receive automatic credit for their participation on the team. If you are wondering about credits for a BHS Athletic Team, please contact the office of the Athletic Director at athleticdirector at berkeley.net <mailto:athleticdirector at berkeley.net>
Questions? Stop by the counseling office or email: pewaivers at berkeley.net <mailto:pewaivers at berkeley.net>
Waiver Pick up 09/16/2019
Step 1 of the Waiver Due 10/04/2019
Completed(yellow) Waiver Due 01/10/2020
Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, and Chaghig Walker are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net?subject=>.
BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/ <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
BHS website: http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/ <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
BUSD 2019-2020 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar1920 <https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/BerkeleyUSDCalendar-K12-2019-20-v6.pdf>
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy <http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy>
To post a message, send to: bhs at lmi.net <mailto:bhs at lmi.net?subject=>.
To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net?subject=> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe. The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list. If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL: http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/ <http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/>, or contact the e-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net?subject=>.
To subscribe to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net?subject=> with one word only in the subject line: subscribe
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the BHS