[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Aug. 27 (Tue)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Aug 27 12:37:29 PDT 2019

PLEASE do not reply to this email. Announcements are reviewed in the BHS
Main Office by Vice Principal Tammy Rose
bhsmorningannouncements at berkeley.net

Welcome to the new school year!

Student planner corrections:

   -

   "The information about anonymous reporting on page 12 of the Student
   Planner is out of date. We will provide accurate, updated information to
   students ASAP. If you are aware of a safety issue, please report to OCI in
   C210 or speak with any trusted adult."
   -

   Graduation Date: We have not set a date for graduation 2020; we are
   working on this.
   -

   Our Welcome Assembly is this Thursday, August 29th.

Student ID’s are mandatory:

If you still need an ID, make-up day is:

Monday, September 9 12:00pm-4:30pm in the EAST GALLERY

Student Communications~Berkeley High School

How will I receive school information?

   -

   Daily announcements read over the PA system (public address system) by
   our Chiefs of publicity: Remy Djavaherian and Liam Whyte.
   -

   Information and reminders from the College and Career Center by email.
   -

   School events and activities from Mr. V, Students Activities Director by
   email.
   -

   Student Daily Bulletin from Marie Ferguson in the main office by email.
   -

   Information from Teachers, Guidance Counselors, or other staff by email.

What is a Daily Announcement (PA) and Student Daily Bulletin?

In the great tradition of BHS, we have second period announcements that are
read by leadership students. Elected to the position this year (19-20) are
Remy Djavaherian and Liam Whyte.

To submit an announcement it must meet ONE of the following requirements
for it to be read over the school public address system (PA) and emailed to
students.

1. It must be relevant to roughly 100 or more students or staff members.

2. It must be substantive in nature: A message promotes constructive
behavior or sense of community.

Specify the first date for the announcement.

Specify the last date for the announcement.

How do I submit an announcement?

Please submit announcement to this email
bhsmorningannouncements at berkeley.net by 3:00 PM and the announcement will
be read the following morning during 2nd period.

Mondays at 11:00 AM and at 9:45 AM Tuesday-Thursday.

*Fridays are shout-out Fridays read by Principal Erin Schweng. Look for a
weekly email from Ms. Schweng on how to submit your Friday shout-out.

Exciting! FREE Breakfast at Berkeley High School for ALL STUDENTS, ALL
SCHOOL YEAR in our Cafeteria in the D-building.

Attendance: All teachers who teach 2nd period, please make sure to take
attendance during the first 10 minutes of class for the first 10 days of
school. This is really important for our Census data.

Placement Exam: If you missed the placement exam in May, this Wednesday
after school in M208 is your last chance to take it. Please come August
28th after school if you would like to be placed in a higher Level language
class.

Games this week: Gooooo Jackets!

   -

   Girls Volleyball heads off to Pittsburgh Today (8/27) for a
   triple-header. They also have a tournament at Deer Valley this Saturday.
   -

   Water Polo boys and girls (JV and Var) host Moreau Catholic on Thursday
   (8/29), the first game is at 4PM. Come support them!
   -

   Girls Golf hosts Piedmont at Tilden on Thursday (8/29) at 3PM.
   -

   FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS #2! Football hosts Hercules at 4:30 and 7:00 (8/30).
   Come see the swarm in action.

The Berkeley High Ultimate Club will hold its first practice on Sunday
September 8, 9 AM at Jacket field. All are welcome, no experience required.
New players - please complete the Player Information Survey at
https://www.berkeleyhighultimate.org/registration before practice.
Returning players will receive registration instructions by email. More
information at https://www.berkeleyhighultimate.org/.  Still have
questions? Email bhs.ultimate at gmail.com

------------------------------------

Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, and Chaghig Walker are the parent-volunteer
facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to
them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS Etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD 2019-2020 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar1920
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/BerkeleyUSDCalendar-K12-2019-20-v6.pdf>

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list. If that does not
work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email
address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/,
or contact the e-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

word only in the subject line: subscribe