[BHS Etree] EVENTS: BHS Malcolm X Banquet; A Black Tie Affair-ALL ARE WELCOME-May 18 (Sat)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Apr 24 12:19:23 PDT 2019

PLEASE do not reply to this email, reply to aasd50years at gmail.com

BHS Malcolm X Awards Banquet!
All are welcome as we celebrate "Mama Washington" and More!
Celebrating 50 years of African American Studies at Berkeley High School!

Please join the BHS African American Studies Department (AASD) in the final featured event for this semi-centennial celebration! In connection with the birthday celebration of the great Malcolm X, we will be honoring the giants among us:
·     Naomi-Johnson-Diouf, also known as “Mama Washington”! She will be retiring this year as the Chair of African American Studies Department who personified the legendary Afro-Haitian Dance Department of BHS. Come help us celebrate!
·     Former School Board Director, Mrs. Karen Hemphill, after serving 12 consecutive years fighting for equity in BUSD
·     Last but not least, we cannot let this moment pass without honoring Rev. Dr. Robert McKnight who served as a Teacher and Chair of the African  American Studies Department for at least three decades!

We are excited to wrap up this 50-year celebration with this BLACK TIE/African Attire Affair.  Expect Great Food, Dancing, & Good Times!
May 18, 2019 6pm-10:30pm  Emeryville Center of Community Life.  4727 San Pablo Ave, Emeryville, CA 94608

Early-Bird Tickets are $55.00 and available online.
After May 1, 2019 tickets will increase to $65.
Get your tickets now using this eventbrite link!
To reserve a full table for 8, email us at aasd50years at gmail.com and receive special pricing.

Nicole Chee, Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Jenny Fosket, and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
BUSD 2018-2019 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar1819
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe. The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/, or contact the e-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net.