[BHS Etree] COLLEGE/CAREER: February College Updates for Juniors & Seniors

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sat Feb 9 13:27:42 PST 2019

PLEASE do not reply to this email; contact David An, at davidan at berkeley.net <mailto:davidan at berkeley.net>

February College Center Updates

Juniors (Class of 2020)
In-Class College Presentations
This week, the College Counselors were busy with our Junior class presentations where students heard about college options, requirements, and all the resources that the CCC (College and Career Center) has to offer. Every Junior received/will receive a packet of resources, which was e-mailed to them and can be found here<https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/juniorcollegepresentationhandouts.pdf>.

1-on-1 College Advising Appointments with College Counselors:
Beginning February 12 (Tuesday), Counselors will begin to meet with Juniors for individual college advising appointments. To sign up, please have your student check their e-mail for a link to Sign Up Genius from Ms. Mary Jacobs.

Junior Parent/Family College Info Night
On March 7th, 2019 (Thursday), we invite all families and parents of Juniors to attend a college information session in the Berkeley High library. 6:30pm-8:30pm. More info to follow.

Local College Fairs
For the past few years Berkeley High has held a College Fair for juniors in the spring on the same weekend that the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) held its fair in the Bay Area. As many of the reps were already in the area, they were able to join us for our fair as well. This year, the NACAC Fair falls on the weekend of Spring Break and, thus, we will be unable to host a college fair at Berkeley High School this year. Rather, we invite you to attend any one of the number of local college fairs. Attached to this e-mail is a list of local college fairs and tips on preparing for attending one.

Seniors (Class of 2019)
Seniors may reach out to their Guidance Counselors to request midyear reports be sent electronically (Naviance) to their colleges. To send official paper transcripts (including 7th semester), students may fill out the blue request form and turn it into the Registrar's Office. Please bring an envelope, the school's address, and a stamp.

Seniors who wish to apply for scholarships may visit the CCC as well as check their student e-mails for links to scholarship applications.

Naviance Log-In Reminder
user: berkeley student e-mail
PW: Berkeley1234567 (Berkeley with a capital B + 7-digit student ID)

Plenty more on the BHS CCC Website, Link Below

Useful CCC Links:

College &Career Center Resources: http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/resources/college-career-center/college-career-guide/

College & Career Calendar: http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/resources/college-career-center/college-and-career-center-calendar/
Nicole Chee, Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Jenny Fosket, and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
BUSD 2018-2019 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar1819
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe. The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/, or contact the e-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.