[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Join us for Open House Night, Feb. 7 (Thur)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Jan 24 10:13:14 PST 2019

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Juan Raygoza, Vice Principal, at juanraygoza at berkeley.net<mailto:juanraygoza at berkeley.net> if you have any questions.

We look forward to welcoming BHS families during our annual Open House Night on Thursday, February 7th!

While all 10th-12th grade families are invited to attend Open House, our focus for this Open House is for 9th grade families to learn about our five SLCs before their students enter the SLC lottery for 10th grade. Thus, we are inviting 9th grade families to attend an SLC Assembly starting at 6:00 pm in the Community Theatre.

We are maintaining our traditional bell schedule (please see below). However, all families will have the option to visit their teachers' classrooms during the designated period and/or strongly encouraged to visit SLC/Department showcases for as long as they wish.

SLC/Department showcases will take place at various locations on campus and will run throughout the evening. Families planning to visit showcases will receive more details at the SLC Assembly which starts at 6:00 pm.

IMPORTANT: Due to the change from traditional to showcase structure of Open House, it is possible that many or all of your child's teachers will be in a showcase location rather than their regular classroom. Please feel free to contact your student's teachers to confirm whether they will be in their classrooms or in an SLC/Department showcase location during Open House in order to save you time as you walk around campus.

Here is the schedule for the evening:

5:30pm

Families can drop by the Food Court (D Building - 1st Floor) to pick up students schedules and campus maps

6:00pm

Universal 9th Grade - Small Learning Communities Assembly in the Community Theatre

6:45pm

Zero Period Begins

7:00pm

1st Period Begins

Here is the bell schedule:

Period

Start

End

Universal 9th Grade - Small Learning Communities Assembly in the Community Theatre

6:00pm

6:45pm

0

6:45pm

6:55pm

1

7:00pm

7:10pm

2

7:16pm

7:28pm
Includes evening announcement

3

7:34pm

7:44pm

4

7:50pm

8:00pm

5

8:06pm

8:16pm

6

8:22pm

8:32pm

7

8:38pm

8:48pm

We look forward to seeing you on campus!

Thank you.

Juan Manuel Raygoza
Vice Principal

Nicole Chee, Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Jenny Fosket and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
BUSD 2018-2019 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar1819
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

To unsubscribe from the Etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe (The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.) If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL: http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/, or contact the Etree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net.