[BHS Etree] EVENTS: Change in the 50th Anniversary Community Speaker Series, Nov. 10 (Sat)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Nov 9 10:00:36 PST 2018

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact AASD50years at gmail.com

Dear All,

We had a wonderful time at the 10/20/2018 Kick-Off of the 50th Anniversary of African American Studies Celebration. Thank you to everyone who helped make this event a success! Here's a link to some photos which were posted on Facebook!

Updates on Speaker Series Events

The Evening Speaker Series for the Community:
Unfortunately,  Bobby Seale developed a scheduling conflict with the  Nov. 10th speaking engagement.  As such, the next community speaker series events will be on 12/11, 1/31/19, and 3/5/19, in continued partnership with the Superintendent's 50th Anniversary of the Integration of Schools Speaker series. This speaker series is designed to help the community reaffirm its commitment to uplift every child in our public schools through the lens of educational equity in policy and practice. See flyer attached for more details. (If you missed the 11/1 event, you missed a treat!)

The Student Speaker Series events are NEXT WEEK! 11/13-11/15.  Students not attending with their scheduled class will need permission slips to attend. They can be picked up in room H216.  Parents and Caregivers, Sign up here to chaperone and enjoy these events which have all been designed to help "Educate, Empower, and Equip For Purpose.”  Everyone is welcome!

Many thanks again to all who are working so hard to make these events the best they can be for our students!

Nicole Chee, Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Jenny Fosket, and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
BUSD 2018-2019 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar1819
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe. The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/, or contact the e-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net.