[BHS Etree] STUDENT ACTIVITIES: Please consider supporting the 2018 Holiday Meal
bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Oct 22 15:18:48 PDT 2018
PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Mr. V johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net<mailto:johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net>
Sarah Weaver, Chief of Service, and her committee are organizing the Holiday Meal this year to prepare for this amazing event where 300-400 meals are served. There is a preparation and set-up shift on Friday, December 14th while the actual meal will be served on Saturday, December 15th from 12:30 pm - 3:00 pm. Our goal this year is to surpass 15,000 pounds of donated food and funds. Here is how you can help:
This year, we are going to attempt to serve a set menu so we will be in the greatest need of prepared food contributions. We are also in need of canned goods and donations for the clothing/toiletry drive. Any extra Thanksgiving ingredients lying in your cabinets would make a great contribution to the meal. Please consider sending your student to school with a few cans to drop off at the bins located outside of the leadership office in the main building.
Our goal is to reach $4,000 for the event. These funds offset staff costs, ingredients, supplies, decorations, and entertainment among other items. We are deeply appreciative of the many supporting donors who make the Holiday Meal possible. We accept CASH or CHECKS payable to "BHS ASB".
Checks can be dropped off to Mr. Villavicencio's mailbox or mailed directly to:
Berkeley High School
c/o Mr. Villavicencio BHS Holiday Meal
1980 Allston Way
Berkeley, CA 94704
The following video and photo links demonstrate the magnitude and impact of the meal, if you have not been a part of it before.
· Berkeley High's Holiday Dinner 2017 Photos<https://www.flickr.com/photos/53901376@N04/albums/72157661443688937>:
· BHS Holiday Meal 2016 Photo's<https://flic.kr/s/aHskQreDfa>
· BHS Holiday Meal 2015 Photo's<https://www.flickr.com/photos/53901376@N04/albums/72157662351610355>
· BHS Holiday Meal 2014 Photo's <https://www.flickr.com/photos/53901376@N04/sets/72157649339735030/page2/>
· BHS Holiday Meal 2013 Video<http://youtu.be/N6pB-CASrJ4>
· BHS Holiday Meal 2012 Video<https://youtu.be/OTHI6QE4bQ4>
Fresh Items Needed:
Please sign-up here to bring fresh food donations for the meal.
· Turkeys (at least 12 needed)
· Hams (at least 10 needed)
· Alternative meat options
· Desserts (Pumpkin and assorted pies, cookies)
· Bread (Rolls, loaves, Corn bread)
· Salads (Various salads w or w/o cheese, nuts, dressing) Yams/Sweet Potatoes/Mashed
· Butter (3 pounds needed)
· Onions, Garlic, Spices, Herbs, and other assorted seasonings
· Any Fresh hot or cold dish that you can lovingly donate Fresh food donations can be delivered between 4:30pm-8:00 pm on Friday, December 14 or 8am-12pm of Saturday, December 15 to the main doors of the school at Milvia and Allston. There is a loading zone located here. Please indicate what time you would like deliver your donation.
Canned Foods Needed:
Please bring in amount of the following types of canned foods.
*If you have any questions please ask Mr. Villavicencio or Sarah W in the Leadership Office.
· Beans (Kidney, garbanzo, black, green, baked, refried) Corn
· Chili (Vegetarian, beef)
· Soup (Chicken Noodle)
· Cranberry Sauce
· Pumpkin Pie filling
· Tomato Sauce or Diced Tomatoes
· Pasta, Macaroni Noodles
Other Items Needed:
· Cooking Oil (Olive oil or vegetable oil)
· Coffee, juice, tea, or other beverages
Toiletry, toy and blanket drive will take place from November 1 to December 15. With the winter season on its way we want to help the homeless community stay warm. We plan to give donations to students in transitional housing here at Berkeley High and give the remainders out during the Holiday Meal. We will have bins for donations placed throughout Berkeley High including near the Leadership Office and in the C-Gallery. We are asking people to donate new or gently used blankets and new toiletries including:
· feminine hygiene products
· Kleenex packs
· disposable razors
· shaving cream
INFORMATION BELOW IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE BECAUSE WE MAY CHANGE THE FORMAT.
The volunteer list will be open in November.
Volunteers should sign up on our online form (available in November).
· FRIDAY FUNSTERS 4:00-8:00 pm. Please arrive at 4:00 pm and wait in the cafeteria for the orientation meeting.
· EARLY BIRDS 9:00 am - 12:00 pm. Please arrive at 9:00 am and wait in the cafeteria for the orientation meeting.
· SUPER SERVERS: 12:00 - 2:00 pm & 2:00 - 4:00 pm. Please arrive at 12:00 pm and by the staircase to the Library for the orientation meeting. Please keep large bags and valuable items at home.
· TERRIFIC TRANSLATORS: When you arrive, please check in with Mr. V. He will provide further instructions and/or direct you to places of need.
· HOMESTRETCH HEROES: 3:00 - 5:00 pm Please arrive at 3:00 pm and check in with Mr. V or Nishat S. We will assign clean up areas from there with most of the help being needed in the kitchen and moving stuff back to normal in the cafeteria.
· All volunteers should enter through the main doors at Milvia and Allston. There will be a sign-in sheet in the Leadership Office/Conference Room B which is important for students wishing to track their service hours. Once you sign-in, please wait in the cafeteria area until the volunteer orientation meeting begins. We will provide a snack for each shift, but please bring anything else you may need to feel comfortable. For Saturday, there may be parking available in the STAFF parking lot along Milvia.
Thank you so much for considering a contribution or for volunteering at the event.
Have a great day!
Berkeley Organizations that focus on Homelessness (provided by councilwoman Lori Droste)
Dorothy Day House<http://www.loridroste.com/r?u=https%3A%2F%2Fdorothydayhouseberkeley.org%2F&e=38201432c2c9f9afe530fe140f34744f&utm_source=berkeleydistrict8&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=on_resistance&n=66>
Berkeley Food and Housing Project<http://www.loridroste.com/r?u=http%3A%2F%2Fbfhp.org%2F&e=38201432c2c9f9afe530fe140f34744f&utm_source=berkeleydistrict8&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=on_resistance&n=67>
Women's Daytime Drop In<http://www.loridroste.com/r?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwomensdropin.org%2F&e=38201432c2c9f9afe530fe140f34744f&utm_source=berkeleydistrict8&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=on_resistance&n=70>
Project Night by Night*<http://www.loridroste.com/r?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.projectnightnight.org%2F&e=38201432c2c9f9afe530fe140f34744f&utm_source=berkeleydistrict8&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=on_resistance&n=71>
· Parents can on log on to Illuminate to see student's schedule!<https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/parents/illuminate-access/>
· BHS Student Club List - Over 80 clubs!!!<https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/student-activities-3/berkeley-high-clubs/>
· Starting a club? - deadline is end of 1st quarter. Here is what you should know<https://berkeleyschools.net/leadership/?page_id=25>
· Get into home football games for free & a free yearbook! Buy an ASB Sticker today!<https://berkeleyschools.net/leadership/?p=1230>
· Need to take a Senior Portrait? Even if none are available right now, please check back as more appointment dates will be added until winter break. Make an appointment here.<https://www.mylegacymatters.us/appointments>
Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Jenny Fosket and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.
BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
BHS website: http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/
BUSD 2018-2019 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar1819
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy
To post a message, send to: bhs at lmi.net<mailto:bhs at lmi.net>.
To unsubscribe from the Etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe (The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.) If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL: http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/, or contact the Etree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net.
To subscribe to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: subscribe
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the BHS