[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Oct. 17 (Wed)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Oct 17 20:34:15 PDT 2018

PLEASE do not reply to this email. Announcements are reviewed in the BHS
Main Office by Vice Principal Tammy Rose,
bhsmorningannouncements at berkeley.net

*Earthquake Preparedness 10/18/18: *

On 10/18/18 (Thursday) there will be an earthquake preparedness fair Earthquake
Preparedness
<https://www.cityofberkeley.info/City_Manager/Press_Releases/2018/2018-10-15_Citywide_earthquake_drill,_civic_center_earthquake_fair_on_Oct__18.aspx>at
lunch in Civic Center Park, across the street from the D and A buildings.
Students and staff are invited to attend the fair during lunch to learn
about earthquake preparedness, talk with earthquake experts, and even take
a ride in the "Big Shaker" earthquake simulator!

At BHS, we will be holding our own earthquake drill later this month...
stay tuned for more details.

*HAPA CLUB and MCSA:*

HAPA CLUB and MCSA are making a video to highlight the experiences of
multicultural & mixed-race people at BHS. *During Thursday lunch (10/18) in
C231* we will be filming people of mixed races. It will only take five
minutes and we will provide cookies! We would love to have a large variety
of voices/backgrounds represented; please reach out to anyone that you
think would be interested!

*For Seniors: College Visits*

*Naviance: *

*Log in for new software program that lets you explore colleges and
careers. Keep track of your transcripts and letters of recommendation for
college applications. Match with the Common Application for over 600
private colleges.*

*~Website: **https://student.naviance.com/berkeleyhigh*
<https://student.naviance.com/berkeleyhigh>

*Thursday, October 18:*

period 1: Brandeis University

period 3: CSU Sonoma

period 4: Binghamton University

period 5: Wesleyan (Connecticut) University

period 6: @ 3:00-3:30: UCLA School of the Arts and Architecture

3:30-5:30: in Library Computer Lab:  Work on any part of any application in
the College Application Workshop with counselors.

*Friday, October 19:*

period 5: University of Washington

*Notice: **Times may change.   *

*Check out the college visit schedule in Naviance  under Colleges **or at
the CCC calendar at the BHS website-  *
*http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/resources/college-career-center/college-and-career-center-calendar/*
<http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/resources/college-career-center/college-and-career-center-calendar/>

*~username:  student e-mail (i.e. **davidan at students.berkeley.net
<davidan at students.berkeley.net>**)*

*~password:   Berkeley +*

*student ID # (i.e. Berkeley1234567)*

*Friendly Reminder: *

10th, 11th, and 12th graders! This is the last week to apply for CSF, a
student organization that fosters excellence in academics and community
service. Pick up an application in the CCC and turn it in by *Friday 10/19!*

* This Saturday, Berkeley High School’s African American Studies Department
Celebrates **50 years~ *The BHS African American Studies department is
hosting a Kick-Off Festival to celebrate its* 50** Year Anniversary*. Come
to the BHS courtyard to enjoy music, great food, shopping, poetry, line
dancing, and more! *Saturday 10/20/2018 from Noon to 6pm*. Oh yeah, 4:30 pm
starts the old school kickball tournament so bring your A game! Invite your
family and friends to this free event!

*This Sunday, Seniors or Anyone Interested in Community Service Hours*

This goes out to all of the *seniors* who are eligible to vote, *or anyone*
who wants to get in some community service hours. We are holding an event
that will have many candidates who are running in the upcoming Midterm
elections this year! It will be this *Sunday, October 21 at our own
Community Theater*. Please come out to learn about who will be on the
ballot. Tell your parents and bring anyone you know who can vote! You can
contact us at bayareastudentactivists at gmail.com or follow us on instagram
@bayareastudentsactivists.

*Halloween Grams:*

The leadership team will be selling Halloween Grams from *10/22 to 10/26*
during lunch at the A-Gate. Grams are 75 cents each but if you buy 3, it's
only $1.50!

Be on the look-out for details about the Halloween Costume Contest...coming
soon!

*Homecoming Dance Saturday, October 27th 7:00 - 10:00 PM*

A semi-formal event for all grades! We would love your help with snap pics
of the celebs as a "paparazzi" photographer, managing food/drink areas,
tickets, and other tasks... If you are so obliged, we will repay you in
unlimited cupcakes, punch, and pizza. The dance will take place in the
M-Gym. The theme is Hollywood. Tickets will be on sale at lunch in the
courtyard this week OR in the Leadership Office. $5 for one OR a pair for
$8. All grades are invited.

*SENIORS: PETITION TO GRADUATE EARLY FORMS ARE DUE INTO THE REGISTRAR'S
OFFICE BY OCT 26, 2018 NOT LATER THAN 4:00 pm*

_____________________________

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Jenny Fosket, and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at *bhs-owner at lmi.net <bhs-owner at lmi.net>*.

BHS etree archives: *http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>*

BHS website: *http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/
<http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>*

BUSD 2018-2019 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar1819

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the
list.  If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message,
or put your email address at the end of this URL:
http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/, or contact the e-tree moderators
at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

To *subscribe*to the etree, send an email to *bhs-request at lmi.net
<bhs-request at lmi.net>*with one word only in the subject line: *subscribe*