[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Oct. 1 (Mon)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Oct 1 11:15:46 PDT 2018

PLEASE do not reply to this email. Announcements are reviewed in the BHS Main Office by Vice Principal Tammy Rose bhsmorningannouncements at berkeley.net<mailto:bhsmorningannouncements at berkeley.net>

Football

Congratulations to our JV Football Team on a win against Bishop O'Dowd last Friday (9/28). Go Jackets!

Multicultural Student Association

Calling students of all cultural backgrounds...we have an exciting opportunity for you at Berkeley High. Introducing the Multicultural Student Association! We are a student led organization at BHS dedicated to creating a strong community that embraces/appreciates the complexities of every student's identity. Through team bonding, food, discussions, projects (organizing cultural events/fundraisers) and community service we come together embracing the diversity of our identities! Check us out every Thursday at lunch in C231. For more information text 81010 @mcsacl or dm us on instagram @bhs_mcsa

RISE Fundraiser

The RISE fundraiser is today from 4 to 8pm at Chipotle on Shattuck. There are flyers at the front desk or just mention the name RISE and 1/3 of your purchase will be donated to RISE. RISE thanks you for your support!

Join the BHS Debate Team!

Learn the basics of public speaking as well as politics, philosophy, economics, and much more! We are a competitive parliamentary team that is ranked highly in the state of California as well as the country. This is a super fun and educational team that looks impressive on college apps. Our novice practices are 4:00-5:30 pm every Tuesday in C125. Stop by if you are interested, or email Evie Berg evieberg at students.berkeley.net<mailto:evieberg at students.berkeley.net> for more information.

Make-up Photo ID Dates for Staff and Students

Wednesday, October 3

@ East Gallery

Lunch: 11:38-12:18 PM

and

After School: 3:30-4:30 PM

Seniors: Financial Aid Workshop, Service-oriented Student Organizations, Cal State Applications

~Dates: Oct. 1 - Oct. 3

Seniors! Please let your parents/guardians know that the College and Career Center (CCC) will be hosting a financial aid workshop for senior families on Oct. 3 (Wed) at 6:30 PM in the library. Look for more information in your student email box.

~Dates: Oct. 1 - Oct. 14

Applications for two service-oriented student organizations, CSF and NHS are available in the CCC now! Deadline for NHS application is 10/12, and the CSF app deadline is 10/19. Come by and pick one, or both, up!

~Dates October 1- October 12

Seniors! The Cal State application is now open! Go to "Cal State Apply" to create an account and come by the CCC with any questions.

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Jenny Fosket and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
BUSD 2018-2019 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar1819
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

To unsubscribe from the Etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe (The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.) If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL: http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/, or contact the Etree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net.