[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS: Thank you August and September

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Sep 20 13:54:05 PDT 2018

PLEASE do not reply to this email lisasibony at berkeley.net

Dear Berkeley High Community,

August and September were AMAZING months for volunteers -- at least 158 members of our community contributed hundreds of hours to help launch the 2018-19 school year.

As of today, we have 3137 students enrolled at Berkeley High. Welcoming and registering this many students, distributing textbooks, handing out schedules, photo ID cards, organizers and collecting forms and is a massive job. It could not have been completed without the volunteers helping with registration week, delivering schedule changes the first week of school, helping distribute photo IDs and assisting the Attendance Office with the annual census. We also had a great turn out of volunteers helping with our All-School Welcome Assembly.

None of this would be possible without our Etree moderators -- Marguerite, Dylan, and Jenny who volunteer behind the scenes, 7 days a week, to get information to you in a timely and thoughtful manner.

I would like to thank all the volunteers who took time out of their day to help over the last 4 weeks. Many of you covered more than one shift. It was truly gratifying to see how many people showed up to help. Not only parents, but also current students volunteered their time to make sure the process was orderly and efficient. I have tried to include the names of everyone who helped, please forgive me if I missed you, and do let me know.

Orientation/Registration Week:

Alyson Contreras, Angela Powlen, Anne Lackey, Barbara Ann Nelson, Belinda Lesser, Beth Doh, Bethany Schoenfeld, Bethany Schoenfeld, Brigit Gehrt, Carole Herpin, Celia Sanchez, Chaghig Minassian Walker, Christina Campobasso, Christine Munson, Christy Shick, Dana Holtzman, Deanna Boone, Deb Goldberg, Derethia Duval, Diane Halberg, Donna Suzuki, Duff McGee, Edna Roque, Elena Kaloyanova, Emily Davidow, Emily Gottreich, Eric Dyce, Eric Esler, Eva Herzer, Fang Zhou, Gabi Klausner-Abrahamson, Gazel Valdez, Helen Bae, Holli Nixon, Holly Cole, Ila Deis, Jake Disston,Jamaica Simmons, Janine Goosen, Jean Fichtenkort, Jean Lusson, Jen Corn, Jen Lyons , Jennifer Bodnick, Jennifer Obidah , Joan Kiang, Kara Mountain, Karen Kiyo, Karen Tompkins, Karin Wertheim, Kerry Morgan, Kleigh Hathaway, Kristen Policy, Lara Hornbeck, Laura Walker, Laurel Leichter, Laurie Stevens, Leo Meier, Leticia Pereira , Lilian Autler, Liz Ruhland, Lou Pearson, Lucia Sayre, Mandy Ladin, Margo Lowe, Maureen Sullivan, Melanie Green, Michele Voilleque, Milena Escobar, Miriam Moussaioff, MJ Baumann, Naomi Tucker, Nicole Chee, Rachel Anderson, Rachel Goodenow, Rachel Ostroy, Radha Seshagiri, Rebecca Husband, Rhonda White, Robin Packel, Robin Packel, Sabrina Hax Duro Rosa, Sandra Belda, Shana Rocklin, Shannon Jackson, Sharon Arthur, Shelly Lynch, Shirley Hudacko, Shui Wong, Steve Levine, Susan Weeks, Susannah Staats, Suzanne Alberga, Synta Bogan, Teresa Provenzano, and Wiz Wells

Change of schedule runners:

Celia Sanchez, Elena Kayoyanova, Julie Weitz, Michele Voilleque, MJ Bowman and Rachel Anderson

Attendance runners:

Amanda Nube, Bill Williams, Carrie Katz, Clare Woakes, Dana Holtzman, Jennifer Obidah, Julie Weitz, Michael Lewis, MJ Bowman, Rikki Moreno, Sabrina H. D. Rosa, Tabitha Soren, and Veronica Altschul

ID Distribution First Week of School:

Cheryl Havens, Clare Woakes, Dawn Nykamp, Jessica Reich, Joy Quilatan, Kathy Post, Kristen Policy, Marianne Tancor, Melanie Green, Mia Masia, Michelle Baird, Michelle Grunfelder, Noemie Hanson, Sarah Pritchard, and Susan Doughty

August 30 All-School Welcome Assembly:

Alex  Perlof, Becca Zemach-Lawler, Briana Rogers, Carole Herpin, Darcy Russell, Derethia Duval, Jeanette Spicer, Kerry Morgan, Melinda Davis and husband, Natasha Cadet, Sara Wolf, Sabrina Hax Duro Rosa, and Sarah SanMartin

In addition, we have 54 Front Desk Volunteers who come in to help at the front desk every week. We will acknowledge them by name later this year.

Again, a sincere THANK YOU on behalf of the entire Admin team -- to all of you for being enthusiastic and ready to help where ever needed. What a strong community we have at Berkeley High.

Lisa Sibony

Outreach and Volunteers

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Jenny Fosket, and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD 2018-2019 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe. The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/, or contact the e-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net.