[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS: Help with Registration, Aug 20-24

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Aug 8 11:36:01 PDT 2018

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contactLisa Sibony,
lisasibony at berkeley.net

[Please note that more information about registration, as well as freshmen
orientation, will go out next week; this message is specifically about
volunteers needed to help.  The registration information
<http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/berkeley-high-school-sy-18-19-orientation-information/>
is
available on the BHS website already.  -mods]

Hello Community,

I hope you had a restful summer and that you are looking forward to the
start of the 2018-19 school year. Welcome to Berkeley High to those of you
who are new!

Berkeley High's registration takes place Monday, August 20 through Friday,
August 24. Students pick up their schedules, have their picture IDs
taken, receive a locker assignment, check out textbooks, talk to counselors
if there is a problem with the schedule, pick up or turn in free/reduced
lunch forms, pick up an organizer, and drop off emergency cards and other
forms. In addition, freshmen will participate in an orientation which
begins at 8:00.

In order to facilitate the flow of students on *Monday, Tuesday* and
*Thursday* we need approximately 40 volunteers – 20 in the morning (8:15 am
to noon) and 20 in the afternoon (12:45 to 3:00 pm).

On *Wednesday*, for the Freshmen we need 15 volunteers from 8:45 am to 1:00
pm and 10 from 1:15 pm to 3:00 pm

*Friday* we need 20 volunteers from 8:30 am to 11:40 am

We are asking a lot of our community but it really is a wonderful time to
be on campus. There is anticipation and excitement in the air,
and students, no matter what they say, are happy to be back on campus.

Below is the schedule. If you are available, please let me know which
shifts you can help.

Monday, Aug. 20 – Seniors morning 8:15 to noon, or afternoon 12:45 to 3:00
Tuesday, Aug. 21– Juniors morning 8:15 to noon, or afternoon 12:45 to 3:00
Wednesday, Aug. 22 – Freshmen 8:45-12:30 or 1:15-3:00
Thursday, Aug. 23 –Sophomores morning 8:15 to noon, or afternoon 12:45 to
3:00

Friday, Aug. 24 – *Make-Up Registration Session *8:30-11:40

Thanks very much, look forward to seeing many of you soon,

Lisa

Lisa Sibony
Outreach and Volunteers

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Jenny Fosket, and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at *bhs-owner at lmi.net <bhs-owner at lmi.net>*.

BHS etree archives: *http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>*

BHS website: *http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/
<http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>*

BUSD 2017-2018 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the
list.  If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message,
or put your email address at the end of this URL:
http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/, or contact the e-tree moderators
at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

To *subscribe*to the etree, send an email to *bhs-request at lmi.net
<bhs-request at lmi.net>*with one word only in the subject line: *subscribe*