[BHS Etree] STUDENT ACTIVITIES: BHS Spring Carnival, 2nd Request for Volunteers, Jun. 1 (Fri)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sun May 20 09:09:38 PDT 2018

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contactMr. V,
johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net

Hello Yellow Jacket Family,

ASB Leadership is excited to announce the inaugural Spring Fair, an all
school event that will take place on the afternoon of Friday, June 1. The
Spring Fair aims to unify the BHS student body and staff through fun,
spirited activities to close out the school year. We plan to have free
activities such as inflatable obstacle courses, carnival games, friendly
staff vs student competitions, among other fun activities. Imagine the
carnival scenes from *Grease*​ or the Harvest Festival in the sitcom *Parks
& Recreation*​!

We are seeking community support in three areas.

*Spring Fair Volunteers *

Parent volunteers would work in pairs to support the carnival games, bag
check, welcome tents, obstacle course area, among other areas. Safety staff
and teachers will help monitor student behavior, so we expect parent
volunteers to help support the access and participation for the attendees.
Shifts would fall within the window of 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm. We are hoping to
host at least 40+ parent volunteers. Volunteers will support for 1-2
shifts. See the Sign Up Genius link for more details.

https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080d4faea62da57-berkeley

*Spring Fair Prizes*

We are also soliciting contributions for carnival game prizes ranging in
various levels of appeal to students. We are contacting local businesses
for donations of gift certificates, free tickets, but we could also use
contributions of electronic gadgets, gift cards, or other items. Please
send Mr. V a message soon.

*Spring Fair Event Support *

We are also checking with the community to see if ask for 10-15 10' x 10'
tents we could use for the day. Although student clubs will host the
carnival games, we are also in need of carnival games that you may have
lying around the garage. We also invite your organization to host a game or
booth. We really want to make this event resonate with Berkeley High
students, so we are open to hosting a wide range of groups!

To sign up as volunteer (see link above), make a contribution, or ask a
question, please contact Mr. V at johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net at your
earliest convenience.

​Thank you!!!​

_____________________________

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Jenny Fosket, and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at *bhs-owner at lmi.net <bhs-owner at lmi.net>*.

BHS etree archives: *http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>*

BHS website: *http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/
<http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>*

BUSD 2017-2018 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the
list.  If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message,
or put your email address at the end of this URL:
http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/, or contact the e-tree moderators
at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

To *subscribe*to the etree, send an email to *bhs-request at lmi.net
<bhs-request at lmi.net>*with one word only in the subject line: *subscribe*