[BHS Etree] ADMIN: YMCA PE Waiver Program Summer 2018

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed May 16 09:01:21 PDT 2018

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contactJocelyn Leche, jleche at ymca-cba.org

*YMCA P.E. Waiver Program Info*

*Summer 2018 (10th-12th)*

Our PE Waiver program helps students develop values and habits that lead to
lifelong fitness, and earn physical education credits for high school. Students
spend an average of 5-6 hours per week (including weekends) working out at
the Downtown Berkeley Y. All hours must be completed at the Downtown
Berkeley Y, as we are the only gym accredited with Berkeley High School.

This 13-week program is open to students entering 10-12 grade. Students
interested in participating must attend a mandatory YMCA PE Waiver
orientation prior to enrolling. Returning students do not need to attend.
No membership required to attend orientation.

*Orientation Dates:  *May 25, June 1 & 8

*Time:* 4:30-5:30pm

*Location*: Downtown Berkeley Y

*Registration Opens & Program Begins: *June 4

Register at our Welcome desk! All spaces are unreserved and we only accept
50 students on a first come first serve basis. We do not accept incoming
freshmen for the summer program.

*Program Completion:* August 31

All program hours and requirements are due by 8:00pm.

*Program Cost: *$30.

*Program cost is separate from monthly membership dues. This is a one-time
fee for the semester.

*YMCA P.E. Waiver Program Requirements*

To receive PE credits, students must complete the following items by the
due date:

·         60 hours of fitness (min. 45 class hours; max. 15 independent
hours)

·         Attend 2 Check In appointments with program director

·         Attend 1 Fitness Coaching session

·         Complete Fitness goals worksheet

·         Maintain program log booklet

*To be eligible for this program, students must:*
1. Attend 1 YMCA P.E. Waiver Program Orientation.

·         This is *mandatory* for all interested students who have not
previously participated in our program.

·         Dates are listed on above.

2. Have a Downtown Berkeley Y Teen Membership.

·         The P.E. waiver program only accepts students who are active
members of the Downtown Berkeley YMCA.

·         A parent/guardian is required to be present when applying for a
membership.

·         *Financial assistance is available*. The application process can
take up 3 weeks or more for approval.

3. Complete items #1 and #2 listed above, and enroll starting June 4th!

*Note*: The YMCA handles the group Waiver for all Berkeley High School
students. If you are from B-Tech or a part of BIHS, a PE Waiver is required
and is available for pick up from your counselor.

For students at other schools, we need approval from your school that
waivers are acceptable, how many credits you are able to receive, and a
point of contact.

*For more information contact:*

Jocelyn Leche, Youth & Teen Director at (510)665-3234, or
jleche at ymca-cba.org.

*Jocelyn Leche*

*Youth & Teen Director*

DOWNTOWN BERKELEY YMCA, PHYSICAL EDUCATION & YOUTH SPORTS

YMCA OF THE EAST BAY

2001 Allston Way, Berkeley Ca. 94704

*P* 510 665 3234

*E* jleche at ymcacba.org  *W* ymcaeastbay.org

_____________________________

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Jenny Fosket, and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at *bhs-owner at lmi.net <bhs-owner at lmi.net>*.

BHS etree archives: *http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>*

BHS website: *http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/
<http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>*

BUSD 2017-2018 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the
list.  If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message,
or put your email address at the end of this URL:
http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/, or contact the e-tree moderators
at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

To *subscribe*to the etree, send an email to *bhs-request at lmi.net
<bhs-request at lmi.net>*with one word only in the subject line: *subscribe*