[BHS Etree] COLLEGE/CAREER: All Grades - Free Career Planning Workshop at Y Teen Center, April 28 (Sat)
bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Apr 16 11:08:21 PDT 2018
PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Elaine at echan at yscholars.org<mailto:echan at yscholars.org>
FOR 9TH-12TH GRADES - Free workshop at:
PG&E/YMCA Teen Center
2111 Martin Luther King, Jr. Way (x-Center)
Saturday, April 28, 2018 from 10:30 AM - 2:00 PM
"PLAN YOUR NEXT MOVE" Workshop Description:
If you're not sure about how to plan your career after high school or want to learn more, this event will help you:
· Explore career options that fit your interests and skills by using a short and fun online assessment tool.
· Gain insights into how to get a professional job. Listen to speakers from Kaiser, LinkedIn, NASA and others to describe career options within their fields and to learn how they landed their dream jobs.
· Learn about college options for careers in popular industries including: business, health care, science and law.
· Understand ways to afford college by understanding cost of attendance and financial aid options.
· Get a head start on building your professional profile by getting a professional photo taken for your LinkedIn profile.
We will provide food, and an opportunity to win prizes. FIRST 30 PEOPLE TO RESPOND WILL BE GUARANTEED A PRIZE.
To attend, reserve your spot at career.yscholars.org<http://career.yscholars.org/>
For questions, contact Elaine at echan at yscholars.org<mailto:echan at yscholars.org>
Useful CCC Links:
College &Career Center Resources: http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/resources/college-career-center/college-career-guide/
College & Career Calendar: http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/resources/college-career-center/college-and-career-center-calendar/
Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Jenny Fosket and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.
BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
BHS website: http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/
BUSD 2017-2017 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy
To post a message, send to: bhs at lmi.net<mailto:bhs at lmi.net>.
To unsubscribe from the Etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe (The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.) If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL: http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/ or contact the e-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.
To subscribe to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: subscribe
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the BHS