[BHS Etree] COLLEGE/CAREER: Test Preparation, CTE Open House

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sat Apr 14 08:50:07 PDT 2018

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Melanie Aguas melanieaguas at berkeley.net<mailto:melanieaguas at berkeley.net>

Dear BHS Students,

Check out the following events!

SAT PREP
1) Study Smart is hosting a free SAT prep bootcamp in partnership with the Berkeley Public Library - details are as follows:

Three Hour SAT Workshop
Where: Berkeley Public Library 2090 Kittredge St, Berkeley, CA<https://maps.google.com/?q=2090+Kittredge+St,+Berkeley,+CA&entry=gmail&source=g>
When: Saturday, April 14th, 2018 10AM-1PM
Students should sign up at the following link:
http://bit.ly/2GPjDoh

2) Free Test Prep class organized by PTPS (People's Test Preparation Services)
Where: UC Berkeley
When: Saturday, April 28th, 2018 10AM - 2PM.
For more information and to register, visit:
https://ptps.berkeley.edu/

3) BHS has a discount code for Magoosh Test Prep Services. For more information, visit the CCC.

CTE (Career and Technical Education) Open House
Where: Laney College
When: Saturday, April 28th

Save the date! The next Career and Technical Education (CTE) Open House will be on Saturday April 28th from10am-2pm.

See below for registration, stipend and other information. The flier is attached.

(1) WHO CAN ATTEND?
Everyone. The event may be most interesting for high school students, teachers, counselors, parents, and non-profit staff who work with high school age youth/young adults, but the event is open to anyone who is interested in CTE. We encourage everyone to bring students if they can.

(2) DESCRIPTION
*This is the largest and most in depth CTE event. Over 15 of our CTE programs from the building trades to the arts, sciences, culinary and cosmetology programs and more will be participating. You can see our CTE programs at: http://laney.edu/cte/

*Programs will have their classrooms and labs open to the public, running tours, demos and activities. Schedules will be handed out so you can go at your own pace

*There will be college application and financial aid information

* An Industry panel about jobs and opportunities

*Free lunch while supplies last

*Snacks from the culinary arts department

(3) REGISTRATION
This is a free event, but everyone does need to register (registration is separate from the stipend application. See below for stipend info). Please register early to give us a head count since we are ordering lunch.

Here is the registration link:
bit.ly/cteopenhouse2018<http://bit.ly/cteopenhouse2018>

(4) ADDRESS
The address is 900 Fallon St., Oakland, CA 94607. Laney is right across the street from the Lake Merritt Bart Station. There will also be free parking in our parking lot on E. 8th street.

Useful CCC Links:
College &Career Center Resources: http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/resources/college-career-center/college-career-guide/
College & Career Calendar: http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/resources/college-career-center/college-and-career-center-calendar/

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Jenny Fosket and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
BUSD 2017-2017 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

To unsubscribe from the Etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe (The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.) If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/ or contact the e-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.