[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Mar. 30 (Fri)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Mar 30 22:07:07 PDT 2018

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact
bhsmorningannouncements at berkeley.net

*Positive Shout Outs*

   - Ms. Gilden sends a shout out to the Math 3 students in H-213: "I miss
      you all! Have a wonderful spring break! Love, Ms. Gilden"
      - Cassandra sends a shout out to Diana: "Shoutout to my best friend
      Diana for hanging on during this college acceptance season. I
know you will
      thrive where ever you chose to go and any college would be happy to have
      you at their campus!"
      - Maria sends a shout out to Mia J: "Shoutout to Mia J for being an
      amazing friend and doing so well in all her classes this
quarter! I love u"
      - An anonymous student sends a shout out to Mr. Glimme: "Thank you
      for being such a caring, amazing teacher, Mr. Glimme. You have
made such an
      impact on me this year and been the first teacher I have ever
had that made
      me love a class. I have never had a teacher that works so hard for their
      students and I am so grateful for that."
      - Ms. Brewer and the AHA Squad send a shout out to Ms. Toporek: "Ms.
      T has been holding it down all year. Her enthusiasm is contagious and
      inspiring and we feel so lucky that she has joined the AHA team.
Thanks for
      being so awesome T!"
      - Anna sends a shout out to the BHS Girls Mountain Biking Team "for
      being badass girls who are strong, motivate each other, and shred up the
      trails hard!"
      - Naeem sends a shout out to Ms. Boykin: "I appreciate your
      dedication and hard work, we need more people like you, love you!"
      - Arasani sends a shout out to Monet: "I appreciate Monet for being
      there for me and helping me through sophomore year . She is also
an amazing
      friend and a great athlete. Thank you Monet for supporting me always."
      - Jordan sends a shout out to Diamond and Bayle: "Thank you guys for
      always being there for me when no one else was. I know I can trust you or
      count on you when it comes to personal problems or needing help with
      something.You both have changed my life and I thank you for never turning
      your back against me even if I was wrong."

*Lost and Found Items*

Attention students! All lost and found items will be placed in the hallway
on the 2nd floor of the D Building today. If you lost any items in the last
2 months, please search for them there at lunch or after school. All items
not taken will be discarded by our custodial staff.

*Email Passwords and Security*

Students: This is a friendly reminder that you should change your
berkeley.net Gmail passwords from the default setting. We have already had
several students have their e-mail addresses accessed without their
permission due to this issue.  Changing your Gmail password frequently is
also a good practice for keeping your account safe. To change your
password, follow the steps listed in the Email message sent by Mr. Clegg on
March 27.

*2018-2019 Course Requests and Requests to Change Learning Communities*

Families of students who are returning to BHS next year will soon receive a
copy of the courses their students have requested for next year. Academic
Counselors will be available in the Counseling Office when we return from
Spring Break to meet with students who would like to make changes to their
course selections for the 2018-19 school year. Students can also submit a
request to change learning communities (sometimes referred to as “small
schools”) when we return from Spring Break. The deadline to submit changes
to courses or learning communities is Friday, April 13.

All BHS students that have not received a *2018-19 Course Catalog
<http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/BHS-Course-Catalog-2018-19.pdf>*
 can pick one up from the Counseling Office (near the Food Court) in order
to review our course offerings.

*Prom 2018*

Today is the last day to purchase prom tickets for $75 per person. Prices
go up to $80 per person starting tomorrow (note: students enrolled in the
free and reduced lunch program can purchase tickets at $70 per person for
the duration of sales with proof of eligibility at the time of purchase).
You can purchase your ticket with cash or check today in the Leadership
Office at lunch or after school, and you can also purchase tickets online
any time at bhsprom2018.bpt.me.

*Spring Break Dates*

BUSD schools will be closed for Spring Break from Monday, April 2 through
Friday, April 6. In addition, here at BHS, the main office will have
limited hours next week, and the Registrar’s Office, the Counseling Center
and the Health Center will be closed. Classes will resume on Monday, April
9. Have a safe and restful Spring Break!

_____________________________

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Jenny Fosket, and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD 2017-2018 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

one word only in the subject line: *unsubscribe*. The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not
work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email
address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/,
or contact the e-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

To *subscribe* to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: *subscribe*