[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Mar. 27 (Tue)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Mar 27 15:04:10 PDT 2018

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact bhsmorningannouncement
s at berkeley.net

*Morning Sports Report*

The boys basketball program will be running open gyms Mondays and
Wednesdays from 4:30 pm until 6:30pm in the M gym. These open gyms will run
through the months of March, April and May. Please wear athletic gear such
as shorts and shoes. Students wearing jeans and boots will not be able to
participate.

Do you want to be part of the BHS Cheerleading Team? We are looking forward
to an exciting 2018-2019 school year with our cheer program, and we want
you to be a part. Tryouts will be held Monday, April 23 – Friday, April 27 in
the M Gym from 4:30-7pm. In order to participate, you must register online
at FamilyID (link located on the BHS Athletics website) and upload a recent
and signed physical exam by April 16. All student-athletes must be approved
by the Athletic Director in order to try out for a team. Only
student-athletes who have completed their online registration and have met
the grade eligibility for Quarter 3 will be approved for try outs. If you
have any questions, please contact athleticdirector at berkeley.net.

*BHS Safety Committee*

The BHS Safety Committee is recruiting parents, students, teachers and
staff to join the Committee. The Safety Committee discusses and recommends
positions and strategies on many issues related to school safety, including
traffic/pedestrian/bicycle safety to and from school, reporting and
handling crime at school, use of restorative justice and other programs for
at-risk students, bullying, hate crimes, sexual harassment, environmental
hazard reduction on campus, and disaster preparedness. The Committee is
also responsible for drafting the state-required School Safety Plan.

The Safety Committee is a sub-committee of the School Site Council and
usually meets on the fourth Tuesday of the month from 4:30 - 6 PM. Please
join us for our next meeting, which is this afternoon at 4:30 PM in the D
Building, Conference Room B.

*Prom 2018*

Masquerade Prom Tickets go on sale ​in the Leadership Office at lunch and
after school starting today. Students enrolled in the free and reduced
lunch program can purchase tickets at $70 per person for the duration of
sales with proof of eligibility at the time of purchase. Ticket prices for
all other students this week are $75 per person, and you can pay in cash or
with a check payable to BHS ASB.

Remember: you cannot attend prom if you have more than 30 unverified period
absences for this school year, so check your attendance before purchasing
your ticket. You can still continue to purchase prom tickets online at
bhsprom2018.bpt.me. The ticket price will increase to $80 after March 30,
so buy your tickets this week to avoid the price increase.

*Summer Jobs and Internships*

Students: Have you seen the latest messages from Mr. Dopman, our Career
Advisor, about summer jobs and internships? Here’s a sampling of available
positions: the Legal Fellowship Program with the Center for Youth
Development, Youth Spirit Artworks, and the Plumas Conservation,
Restoration And Education In Watersheds Crew. Visit the CCC at lunch for
more information on these and other employment opportunities.

_____________________________

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Jenny Fosket, and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD 2017-2018 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

one word only in the subject line: *unsubscribe*. The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not
work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email
address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/,
or contact the e-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

To *subscribe* to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: *subscribe*