[BHS Etree] BUSD: Sustainability Plan Kickoff meeting Mar. 20 (Tue) & Survey

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Mar 19 08:48:34 PDT 2018

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact busdsustainability at gmail.com

BUSD Sustainability Master Plan Kickoff Meeting

March 20th, 4-6:30 pm, in the Longfellow Middle School Cafeteria

Are you passionate about the environment and sustainability? Want to make your opinions and feedback heard about a project that could make an impact on the Berkeley Unified School District for years to come? The Berkeley Unified School District’s Facilities Department is excited to announce the launch of a year-long process to create and begin the implementation of a Sustainability and Resiliency Master Plan, to reduce the environmental footprint of schools and promote environmental  literacy, which which we believe are fundamental to a high-quality 21st century education.

We welcome the input from all members of the BUSD community to co-create this Plan! Now is the time to tell us what BUSD is already doing to go green, and your ideas about how we can do even better!

Here’s how you can get involved:

Attend the Sustainability Master Plan Kickoff meeting on March 20th, 4-6:30 pm in the Longfellow Middle School cafeteria. You’ll learn about the benefits of going green, speak out about topics related to sustainability, contribute to the ideas of the Master Plan. Please RSVP here.<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/kickoff-meeting-for-the-busd-sustainability-plan-tickets-43860208063>

Take our survey: Make your voices heard! If you take this brief survey your name will be included as part of a raffle to win a gift certificate to Gather Restaurant and other great prizes! Take the survey here. <https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BUSDsustainabilityforcommunitymembers>

Please email: busdsustainability@ gmail.com for questions/concerns you have about the BUSD Sustainability and Resiliency Master Plan process.

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Jenny Fosket, and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD 2017-2018 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación: http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe. The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/, or contact the e-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net.