[BHS Etree] DANCE: Support Dance in BUSD, Mar. 14 (Wed)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Mar 12 13:27:02 PDT 2018

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Mrs. Carr, lindacarr at berkeley.net

*We are at an important moment in Berkeley Schools:*

BUSD has the potential to make *dance part of EVERY elementary school PE
program grades 1-3*. This is an exciting proposal that would create an
equitable & sustainable dance program for all kids in Berkeley.

On the flip side, if this proposal is not supported, *our current dance
programs will be greatly diminished or may disappear altogether*, as an
unintended consequence of shifting prep periods and PE requirements.

*Did you or your kids benefit from dance in the Berkeley Schools?* Please
join us! We need as many people as possible to *show up at 7:00*, fill out
public comment forms, and *cede time to our speaker list* if called upon.
Public comment is from 7:30 - 8pm.

BUSD School Board Room

2020 Bonar St @ Addison

Wed., Mar. 14, 7:00pm - 8:00pm

Please be in touch if you'd like more details.

Best,

Linda Carr & Naomi Washington-Diouf

_____________________________

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Jenny Fosket, and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BUSD 2017-2018 Calendar: http://bit.ly/BUSDCalendar

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación:
http://bit.ly/BUSDNDPolicy

one word only in the subject line: *unsubscribe*. The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not
work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email
address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/,
or contact the e-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

To *subscribe* to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: *subscribe*